• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cant figure out thok barrier :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazuken

I dont understand what im doing wrong! :( I make a sector around my map(it has the same floor and ceiling height), and split it into a bunch of linedefs. I then join the linedefs with the linedefs that make the outside of my level. but when i play the map, i can still go through the walls. Would it have anything to do with the linedefs not turning grey after there joined? please help me out :cry:

If the linedefs are not turning grey after they're joined, something is messed up, perhaps quite badly. I'd have to see the wad to tell you exactly what.

Make sure that you set BOTH the floor and celling height of the thok barrier to the same value. But you said that you did... Try reinstalling the program for maps.

It's fine now, I talked him through it on IRC. As many people are, he was confused about how to make a sector outside another sector, something that's surprisingly counterintuitive to do in WadAuthor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back