Morphling.wad [Introducing the Dash Spin]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

You all know that I like playing around with socs very much. One thing I allways wanted to do was to create a new custom ability that actually works. Now I think I succeeded.
Well, just to give a character this ability to demonstrate it would've been a little boring so I turned one of my enemies of MLP into a playable character and armed him with the "Dash Spin" (well that's what I call it ^^). Since I enjoyed playing with him very much I thought it might be a good idea to release this to the public.

FAQ:
What the hell does this "Dash Spin" (OMFG STUP1D N4ME!!!1!) do?
- It effects the character's spinning so that he'll start to rise slowly higher above the ground during his spinning-movement. As long as the character spinns fast enough (visible by thokitem) he'll even be able to jump or do other special abilities (morphling has none) after he has lost contact to the ground. So this is definitely an ability that would be overpowered combined with thokking (or multithokking O.o).

OMFG OLOLOL socced abilities w1ll m4ke all other charact0rz OP!
- No! It is bounded to the characters spinitem and does not have any effect on other characters.

Is th1s one of th0se sucky slow Char4cterzzz?
- Movement speed is slightly slower than the one of knuckles. However Maxdash had to be reduced a little to make the ability work properly.

Kay! Wh3re to downlo4d PLX?!?!
- Just click at this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ytpea8

DISCUSS! :D

OMFG YOU F00lzZz! >__<
Dis is n0t 'bout teh ch4ract0r budd t3h new skillz0rzZz!!!1shift!eleven

Seriously discussion should be about the ability and not so much the character sprites. Anyway, if you want pics I'll show you some:

A1 to A5
demomk3.png

Ryan said:
So does the character actually jump higher after executing the dash spin?
The longer you spin the higher you get. Spinning does not disable jumps. So you can reach higher platforms by spinning and jumping at the end. The jump itself is not stronger than one of the other characters.

Might I recommend (will I ever spell this word correctly?) the soc forum then?

Just the same, I want to try this out, its not often I see innovative custom character abilities. (Senku and Overdrive are all I can think of)

Hmmm... I don't know if the soc forum would make that much sense since it's definitely about characters. I might have put it into editing BUT I wanted to combine it with a character to show that it works independent from all other ones.

Anyway, I just realised that I might have described the whole thing a little weird. I'll use a picture to explain.

This happens while you are spinning...
srb20004we7.png

And now you could still jump to reach even higher places.

I would recommend all of you to just check it out to give me your super important, magnificent informative comments. Like:
"That SuxXx!" or "L2soc N00b!" or "WTF" or ... whatever ...
Why didn't say anybody something about the wad itself? Does nobody want to test it? Is the download link broken? Is the filename too sucky?
LET ME KNOOOW!

:D

sprites are....strange, but when i saw the word "morhpling" i thought it was going to be somthing like your avatar, and the soc is good aslo, I wouldn't have thought you would do a character though

Those are the robots from your one level. I think this is an awesome SOC with another generic enemy character tacked onto it.

JEV3 said:
Might I recommend (will I ever spell this word correctly?) the soc forum then?

Just the same, I want to try this out, its not often I see innovative custom character abilities. (Senku and Overdrive are all I can think of)

You did indeed spell recommend correctly. But can you spell methylchloroisothiazolinone, a preservative found in Wet Ones? *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back