Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horizontal moving platforms..? No, I think it can't.. Polyobjects are only walls, not full sectors moving... (Tell me if i'm wrong.) anyways, a polyobject can rotate, and move to any direction.

But, uh, what if we move all the walls of the floating platform? Essentially, it's the same principle as in the map editor. If you move the linedefs, the sector moves as well. While this means the platform needs open space under it to keep from the world glitching (Read: Crossed Linedefs), it still has potential.

Dreamcaster said:
Segmint said:
That's why you can change color ingame. We don't need an ingame recolor maker... that would be total hell, but you do have something there...

I already suggested that names appear above players' heads, but I've heard that it's very broken in this engine. Maybe an arrow for Team versions of modes/CTF?

Yeah, but sometimes two diff. people are the same color. I do like that names thing, just anything that helps identify is good.
Ya know, prime reason I change off my color if somebody else is using it. If you really want your identity known, switch colors youself. :/

Kaysakado said:
Speaking of scripting, ... should be able to have equations (startrings = startrings+10), should have 26 free variables, from A to Z, should have variables such as FloorZ, CeilingZ, State, Sector Number, Sector Tag, etc. And, should be able to put the linedef triggerers name in an echo or cecho.

EDIT: Should have If, For, While, and should be able to Execute a linedef.

That would be extremely difficult to program, given the amount of expandability it requires.

No it wouldnt. Here are ways it could be programmed:

Equations: it would get the variable you entered, the variables in the equation, and the numebrs in the equations the same way it detects what you put in the console. Then, the rest is simple.

The 26 variables: Just put them in like the rest of the console variables, but dont make anything effected by them.

The checking of FloorZ, etc.: These are already built in to the game, just make it retreive the data the same way it does for Devmode.

The name thing: Not sure, but should still be easy.

If and While: If and while are built into C++, so it just finds out what the variable needs to be the same way it detects what console command you put in the console.

For: Not sure, but should still be easy.

Executing linedefs: Use the same command as A_LinedefExecute.

GRINACE said:
I don't really know if this has been said but how about a Mach Speed race?
It would be like a regular race but that every character would run about two times faster in a really long level and no one could thok (bad on me but I don't care). and that (like in the real mach levels in Sonic 360/Ps3) you can't Stop! And that bad guys will try to attack you while racing? In my opinion it would make racing more intresting!
I'm sorry, but Sonic is a platformer. Ya know, where you jump on stuff. Long strips don't work for platformers, namely because they don't have any jumps, or anything else to keep them interesting.

BlueZero4 said:
GRINACE said:
I don't really know if this has been said but how about a Mach Speed race?
It would be like a regular race but that every character would run about two times faster in a really long level and no one could thok (bad on me but I don't care). and that (like in the real mach levels in Sonic 360/Ps3) you can't Stop! And that bad guys will try to attack you while racing? In my opinion it would make racing more intresting!
I'm sorry, but Sonic is a platformer. Ya know, where you jump on stuff. Long strips don't work for platformers, namely because they don't have any jumps, or anything else to keep them interesting.

Heh blue, I never said anything about not jumping. I did menction no thoking though.

Heh also I noticed my reply isn't there anymore so I guess someone likes my idea (I guess).

P.S. I know that sonic is a platformer ok. I have been playing Sonic since I was Three (the classic sonic games like 1,2,and 3 with knuckles on the Genisis). Just so you know.

While I'm sure nobody is going to be insane enough to make a flat level, you can't make as many jumps or turns when you're whoosing along at 60 or so.

And we just so happen to be talking in the Stuff to put in 1.1 discussion topic, not the thread itself.

BlueZero4 said:
While I'm sure nobody is going to be insane enough to make a flat level, you can't make as many jumps or turns when you're whoosing along at 60 or so.

And we just so happen to be talking in the Stuff to put in 1.1 discussion topic, not the thread itself.

Ah, as again Blue, I never said a "flat level" I said a longer level (like in Sonic 360/Ps3) If you ever played it. Meaning that there will be jumps and stuff like that (like pits on the floor) so you have to jump over them in a level (just longer) ok?

And also im just saying that my other post isn't there so I just figure somebody liked my idea because I read that if someone like my idea they would take it off the topic or somthing like that ok.

on Edge said:
http://cz64.lithiumpowered.net/riders.html

Yeah what about the Srb2Riders? I already have them (If you don't know thats pretty much the only thing I play in netgames in "GRIN SRB2/NEWRIDERS!").

Yeah...

I'll Begin said:
BlueZero4 said:
F11 needs several higher shades.
No it doesn't. Any higher and everything will be white. If you can't see at max brightness then there's something wrong with your monitor and/or graphics card settings.
Tell that to Kroze. :/

Samus Aran said:
Metroid Mode: Everybody want's a FPS style, and it wouln'd be best as metriod. More like Doom. Afterall, this is even a modification of the Doom engine.

Srb2 Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles(Wads, they have to come with sprites of an arm cannon version if the makers want it.) gets an arm cannon.
That's requesting wads/recolors. And if you're in First person mode, does it really matter what you look like?

You start with 99 energy. Every ring picked up restores 5 energy. The red ring is Power Beam(default, and unlimited), auto is Ice Beam, umlimited ring is Wave Beam, explosion ring is Power Bombs, rail ring is Plasma Beam. When you do Metroid Mode, however, item boxes are disabled FOREVER.
I could easily SOC that. Why would you want this to de in SRB2 when you could just make a simple mod? Or better yet, just stick to playing Metriod.

When charging the beam, it does more damage. With a key setting, you can consume 50 energy to go Crazy limit, a limit that has a time of 10 secs, but you can do 3x damage, unlimited ammo, and rapid fire. You can also go into a spindash mode that gives you decent damaging bombs with 1 second to explode, and if you have Power Bombs, does 3x damage but takes 4 seconds to unleash.
Do you know how much Programing it would take to do that? You do know that MP2: Echoes has a Verses mode, right?

Yes, it's a rip of Match Mode.
This should rather be a level hedar option/ console command.

[offtopic] And just for the record, I don't poeple people named after Fictionall characters seriously. Either you're a wann'abe, or you're fictionall as well, and then I'd be best off ignoring you. [/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back