[Open Assets] Yoshi Bosses

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing through all the levels of this wad, I have decided to leave a review. I will go thru every level in the wad.

Grassy Fields Zone:

Difficulty
The Difficulty is pretty easy, considering it's the 1st boss in the wad. But it was very hard for me to find the pit that Eggman created as a trap. Maybe put a arrow above it, pointing down.

Quality
The room before the boss looks very cheerful. It has a lot of beautiful flowers, but the underwater lab could've used some decorations.

Frozen Pit Zone:

Difficulty
Man, I hate Castle Eggman Zone & Deep Sea Zone bosses, but why putting the Castle Eggman Zone boss in a frozen crater? Sure, I could handle it, but what's with the springs? But the difficulty is pretty hard.

Quality
The part that the boss uses before the pinch phase looks pretty good. but lacks a sound when closing. The crater could've had some decorations. I couldn't find any decoration in this level.

Toxic Factory Zone

Difficulty
The classic Techno Hill Zone Boss! Only this time I couldn't camp to hit him, because the boss is inside the circle in the middle of the level above. And the boss didn't spit out more slime goop while I was hitting the boss before the pinch phase. But the difficulty is pretty easy nonetheless.

Quality
Once again, I couldn't see any decorations within this level. It could've used some THZ flowers or some factory-ish decorations. Oh well.

Final Fight Zone

Difficulty
Seriously, Brak Eggman? He's my 3rd worst boss in SRB2, rivaling Metal Sonic. But this time, it was so hard getting rid of the electric aura. He wouldn't go into the lava, the question is: Why? But the difficulty is hard enough.

Quality
Pretty bland, but could've used some decorations or even a custom background, like Egg Rock Core Zone used. Probably me. I don't know.

Lava Mine Zone

Difficulty
This time, it was easy to find the hole to the boss. But it was Egg Frostburn! I'm pretty sure that's Boss Mayhem, but at least you credited Sapheros. Either way, the difficulty is pretty tough.

Quality
Wow, the lava was almost everywhere in this mine. Maybe get rid of a few unesessary lava puddles. but the spawn point could've used some decorations.

Overall, it's not bad of a boss wad pack, but it could've used some more decorations. Some of the levels are bland. Some of these could be suggestions! You may never know.

Sure, I could handle it, but what's with the springs? But the difficulty is pretty hard.

I didn't know how to setup the cage/chain so I used springs to make up for it, so it could still work. Other than that... thanks for the feedback! ...I'll update it if I ever get around to mapping again. I've been meaning to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back