For some reason when i get in the water my game lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Destiny

dealer of Retribution.
Well this started happening a week ago, everytime i fell into any type of water my game would freeze momentarily, i wouldnt even be in a netgame and it would do the same.

I have an awesome computer and nothing else ever happened like this, can you give me some advice about what to do?

Knux you almost always tell people to re-download everything.
Anyways Sonic Destiny, What rendering mode are you using?
will it slow down at ALL the maps with water?

That's an irritating glitch with water itself. I think it's caused by all the stuff that changes when you go underwater. There's always a bit of slowdown, but it's only really noticable if the framerate's pretty bad to begin with. Try running less stuff in the background when you play SRB2, and other generic framerate fixes.

If all else fails, at no point in the game (Excluding certain WADs) do you HAVE to go underwater.

zeldagamer00 said:
Knux you almost always tell people to re-download everything.
Anyways Sonic Destiny, What rendering mode are you using?
will it slow down at ALL the maps with water?
i use software mode, or open gl and it still happens i dont have anything else running in the back ground and this just started happening a week ago.

Sonic Destiny said:
Well this started happening a week ago, everytime i fell into any type of water my game would freeze momentarily, i wouldnt even be in a netgame and it would do the same.

I have an awesome computer and nothing else ever happened like this, can you give me some advice about what to do?

Two words: bubble calculations.
I've found that commenting out the bubble code and compiling will completely remove lag resulting from going into or out of water.

SSNTails said:
SLEEP 0

Deep Sea Zone will actually crawl if SLEEP != 0
But if cv_cpusleep is equal to 0, wouldn't that mean it would sleep for 0ms (thus doing nothing)?
Code:
void I_Sleep(void)
{
	if (cv_sleep.value != -1)
		Sleep(cv_sleep.value);
}
It would be better to set CPUSLEEP to -1 and just skip the sleeping part, I think.

Ryan said:
SSNTails said:
SLEEP 0

Deep Sea Zone will actually crawl if SLEEP != 0
But if cv_cpusleep is equal to 0, wouldn't that mean it would sleep for 0ms (thus doing nothing)?
Code:
void I_Sleep(void)
{
	if (cv_sleep.value != -1)
		Sleep(cv_sleep.value);
}
It would be better to set CPUSLEEP to -1 and just skip the sleeping part, I think.
Do you want to be nice with multitasking? See, sleeping 0 milliseconds is equal to not sleeping, however immediate yielding still happens. Modern multitasking systems (mainly those that have a timer interrupt in the hardware) don't need explicit yielding, but they'll like it if there is anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back