I have my new Wii! But some probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

For some reason, the Wii Game Disc won't load properly. It says the "An error has occured" error when I try to get the disc to work, and I have to reboot the Wii, whilst also taking out the Game Disc aswell, and trying again. Naturally, it doesn't work, so yeah. Dope. It's half-DOA, although I'm having some great laughs creating Miis.

I'm sending the Wii back to the store tomorrow for replacement, but is there any solution to this problem, please tell me before I take it back to the store. :)

Did you put it in the right side. I did that at first too. There is a certain side you have to turn it.

This happened with me. I fixed it by getting my disc cleaner and putting the disk inside and start cleaning! If that doesnt work. Your outta luck and which game is it?

Heh, the first time I put a disc in, I put it in the wrong way. Then I hit myself on the forehead and realized "Hey, you know.. the disc probably faces the thick side of the machine.. where all of the parts are."

josh the hedgehog said:
This happened with me. I fixed it by getting my disc cleaner and putting the disk inside and start cleaning! If that doesnt work. Your outta luck and which game is it?

Hmm, I haven't got a lens cleaner, maybe I'll try that.

Ash777 said:
Is the CD disc an original? Or a pirated copy?
]

Well, it's wii sports, it has to be original. I remember talking to you on this, and I don't know anything else to think. Try those ideas out instead GCFreak :P.

You know I have a Nintendo Wii and to play certain games. You need the right version of the Wii.

Oh and how do you know the game is Wii sports?

If I recall correctly, most Lens cleaning kits are essentially a DVD Video/Music CD with brushes on the bottom, neither of which will work on the Wii, so you'll probably have to find alternate means. Taking it back to the store for a replacement is probably your best bet.

Why has nobody suggested the possibility that the GAME is what's at fault here? It's entirely possible that your Wii is just fine, but the game is broken. Same thing happened Christmas Day '99 to me, where I got my Dreamcast but Sonic Adventure refused to work with it - not because the DC was broken, since the demo disk, Sega Rally 2 and NBA 2K all worked - but, well, because Sonic Adventure's disc was broken somehow.

Try another game in it before you call it quits.

Shadow Hog said:
Why has nobody suggested the possibility that the GAME is what's at fault here? It's entirely possible that your Wii is just fine, but the game is broken. Same thing happened Christmas Day '99 to me, where I got my Dreamcast but Sonic Adventure refused to work with it - not because the DC was broken, since the demo disk, Sega Rally 2 and NBA 2K all worked - but, well, because Sonic Adventure's disc was broken somehow.

Try another game in it before you call it quits.

Replaced the disc, no result I'm afraid. Getting a replacement console today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back