The forum is a bit brokey, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireLaserbeam said:
I noticed that Nega AND Carnage were both on a server at once....
Chaos Zero 64 said:
It really isn't him. I even saw Carnage and Nega on IRC with 2 completely different IPs. That was days ago, though.
Thanks for confirming it one way or another correctly.

Carnage is now unbanned.

I will note, Carnage, that using Nega to try and get yourself unbanned was about the STUPIDEST thing you could possibly do. If you want someone to attempt to get you unbanned, I suggest not using someone who happens to be permanently banned, ESPECIALLY when that person is suspected as being you. Just talk to me directly. If you aren't the same person, there is the shocking concept of, believe it or not, being able to prove being a different person. There are many ways to do so, you know.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Mystic! i just spoke to Carnage 2 days ago in a netgame, he begged me to ask you why did he get banned...

*note im not apart of this......
im just a messenger boy.....
In this case the ban happens to have been an honest error, however, if this was NOT an error, that post would have been a bannable offense. I do not appreciating relaying messages from banned users. I will ban the messanger just the same as if the original person was evading a ban.

RgxSuperSonic said:
and i was wondering (not to be nosey), but how does one get banned from the forum!? besides small mistakes like mine...
People are banned from the forums for disobeying the forum rules. They're spelled out in their own section on the main forum page. In general, a serious violation will result in a one week temporary ban, and repeat offenses will lead in more one week bans or a permanent ban, generally depending on how long it has been since the previous ban. For instance, if someone was tempbanned in April and is banned again in July, they'll generally get a one week ban for their second offense. If they're tempbanned in April and get another ban in the same month, it'll generally be permanent. I will note that bad spelling and grammar is on the list of bannable offenses, so people type properly. This is not AIM.

Draykon said:
Nega was banned for being a major emo.
Incorrect. Nega was banned for an unprovoked idiotic flame in a private message to Dark Warrior. Here is the post:

nega-sonic said:
I AM NOT AN IDIOT, I GET CONSTANT 'A's in SCIENCE. I get constant A's in history. I get constant B's in math. and constant b/c's in writing. >:O YOU ARE WRONG >:O STOP FLAMMING ME! ABOUT SEPWICH GOING CRAZY! I ALSO PROGGram GAMES IN BASIC,JAVA, C,C++ and DOs. So STOP FLAMING ME, AND LISTEN TO WHAT I have to say! (I am typing in caps BEcausE my KEyBOard is MesseD uP.)
Considering he's been banned two times before, and hasn't improved at all, it was time for him to leave. It has nothing to do with his being "emo" or otherwise an idiot. That private message disobeyed so many forum rules it's painful. Do not keep relaying false information. If you want to say why he was banned, his reason for banning on the log is as follows:

Mystic said:
nega-sonic's account has been disabled for the most retarded, inflammitory private message I have ever seen. Permanent ban. (July 20, 2006)
Sorry for the insane number of
tags, but there really wasn't any way around it for this god-awful post X_X

Hey guys sorry it isn't working. Something is wrong with the DNS servers, they're not resolving sepwich.comn to an ip address for some reason. I'll reconfigure my DNS settings under the .com itself and see if it fixes itself.

Edit: Error fixed. I think my web host changed companies or something to that affect. the IP went from a 63..to a 72, which means that it's located in another location America totally. 63 is a northeastern IP, I'm unsure of where 72 is located. Sepwich.com itself should be up within 24 hours, but for now you can use the http://72.232.69.3/~sepist to access all of sepwich or justw it it out.

It's okay. We just had to edit our HOSTS files to overcome this issue, although a few people were having trouble even after doing that. It also appears that some people could not get onto the FTP.

FoxBlitzz said:
It's okay. For now we're editing our HOSTS files to overcome this issue, although a few people are having trouble even after doing that. It also appears that some people cannot get onto the FTP.

FTP will be resolved once my nameservers are resolved to all the DNS servers around the globe

Whats up with this?? For the "Sepwich Issues" topic it says there are 0 replies what when I read the topic it has lots of replies!

PS: Sepwich isnt a little bit brokey its a whole lot brokey.

InuYasha said:
Whats up with this?? For the "Sepwich Issues" topic it says there are 0 replies what when I read the topic it has lots of replies!

PS: Sepwich isnt a little bit brokey its a whole lot brokey.

It has 2 replies, it says 0 because it was moved to the Announcements forum.

InuYasha said:
Ok....but still! Like CZ64 said in a netgame, Sepwich went boom!

Yes, it did go boom. Now here's a picture of how i feel after getting the forums back up

lollercoaster.jpg

Mystic said:
FireLaserbeam said:
I noticed that Nega AND Carnage were both on a server at once....
Chaos Zero 64 said:
It really isn't him. I even saw Carnage and Nega on IRC with 2 completely different IPs. That was days ago, though.
Thanks for confirming it one way or another correctly.

Carnage is now unbanned.

I will note, Carnage, that using Nega to try and get yourself unbanned was about the STUPIDEST thing you could possibly do. If you want someone to attempt to get you unbanned, I suggest not using someone who happens to be permanently banned, ESPECIALLY when that person is suspected as being you. Just talk to me directly. If you aren't the same person, there is the shocking concept of, believe it or not, being able to prove being a different person. There are many ways to do so, you know.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Mystic! i just spoke to Carnage 2 days ago in a netgame, he begged me to ask you why did he get banned...

*note im not apart of this......
im just a messenger boy.....
In this case the ban happens to have been an honest error, however, if this was NOT an error, that post would have been a bannable offense. I do not appreciating relaying messages from banned users. I will ban the messanger just the same as if the original person was evading a ban.

RgxSuperSonic said:
and i was wondering (not to be nosey), but how does one get banned from the forum!? besides small mistakes like mine...
People are banned from the forums for disobeying the forum rules. They're spelled out in their own section on the main forum page. In general, a serious violation will result in a one week temporary ban, and repeat offenses will lead in more one week bans or a permanent ban, generally depending on how long it has been since the previous ban. For instance, if someone was tempbanned in April and is banned again in July, they'll generally get a one week ban for their second offense. If they're tempbanned in April and get another ban in the same month, it'll generally be permanent. I will note that bad spelling and grammar is on the list of bannable offenses, so people type properly. This is not AIM.

Draykon said:
Nega was banned for being a major emo.
Incorrect. Nega was banned for an unprovoked idiotic flame in a private message to Dark Warrior. Here is the post:

nega-sonic said:
I AM NOT AN IDIOT, I GET CONSTANT 'A's in SCIENCE. I get constant A's in history. I get constant B's in math. and constant b/c's in writing. >:O YOU ARE WRONG >:O STOP FLAMMING ME! ABOUT SEPWICH GOING CRAZY! I ALSO PROGGram GAMES IN BASIC,JAVA, C,C++ and DOs. So STOP FLAMING ME, AND LISTEN TO WHAT I have to say! (I am typing in caps BEcausE my KEyBOard is MesseD uP.)
Considering he's been banned two times before, and hasn't improved at all, it was time for him to leave. It has nothing to do with his being "emo" or otherwise an idiot. That private message disobeyed so many forum rules it's painful. Do not keep relaying false information. If you want to say why he was banned, his reason for banning on the log is as follows:

Mystic said:
nega-sonic's account has been disabled for the most retarded, inflammitory private message I have ever seen. Permanent ban. (July 20, 2006)
Sorry for the insane number of
tags, but there really wasn't any way around it for this god-awful post X_X

woah! i must have done something really bad. I did not know asking a question from someone who was banned against the rules.
I was only trying to be nice and help someone else and Mystic, i do read the rules and requirements in order to stay in the forum, it just seems everything im doing is wrong.

And another thing, he did not post that message, i did, he did not ask me to post it either... but he did ask me to ask you Mystic. I was gonna send you a private message, but since this topic was about carnage, i decided it would be the right decision to post here. I also i have much experiance
with forums and i never had trouble from them. If I have a serious problem, then I would like to know what it is becuase i like this forum and I read the rules constantly. i really dont wanna do some noob mistake and getting myself banned. (as you can see, i am trying to type correctly to show that i am serious.)

Ban evasion is ban evasion. If Carnage wanted to know why he was banned, he can ask me directly. I have a public e-mail address and I can be contacted on IRC. He doesn't need someone to post on the forums for him asking why he's banned. I have seen a ton of people do things like have another user say his complaint because he's banned and can't say it, and honestly, that's just ban evasion, and I consider ban evasion to be a bannable offense. I don't care if someone else's account is being used to do it.

This is such forum common sense that I simply don't understand how there's even a question here.

Mystic said:
Ban evasion is ban evasion. If Carnage wanted to know why he was banned, he can ask me directly. I have a public e-mail address and I can be contacted on IRC. He doesn't need someone to post on the forums for him asking why he's banned. I have seen a ton of people do things like have another user say his complaint because he's banned and can't say it, and honestly, that's just ban evasion, and I consider ban evasion to be a bannable offense. I don't care if someone else's account is being used to do it.

This is such forum common sense that I simply don't understand how there's even a question here.

i responded to this in rules check there...
and thats pretty mean mystic you really should care about the people in your forum because without the people then you have no forum.
and if i wanted to know for myself is that ban evasion!? i think not..
anyways check the rules so we can settle this situation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back