• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Apocalypse (Formerly FotS) - Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crüsäder

If you were around a while back and recognized the title, you may be thinking "Wait, I thought that was forever ago and he abandoned it!" Well, I didn't.
Regardless, this may not be finished for quite a while. I have a couple screenshots, and I have the beta download.

5yguab.png

The new title screen.

14sibgg.png

This looks familiar... but what's with that box?

1055mk7.png

Inside the glass in Rocket Launchpad Zone. Which, by the way, is almost complete.

2433if8.png

As you can see, there are some unnatractive visuals in OpenGL mode... (Lol, MD2.)

Click here to download

CURRENT EDITING:
-Fixing/Replacing graphics
-Level debugging
-Thing placement
-Level completion
-Fixing missing/bad textures

PLANNED ADDITIONS:
-Match levels
-Cutscenes (possibly a .wad file w/o cutscenes as well)
-More levels
-More music replacement
...I'm also pretty open to suggestions, so feel free.

Yeesh. For once, couldn't someone make a huge mod that's lumped into one convenient WAD file?

fawfulfan said:
Yeesh. For once, couldn't someone make a huge mod that's lumped into one convenient WAD file?

I tried that. The editors kept crashing, so I went to this. Plus it's one hell of a lot easier to undo one file mistake when you have multiple files.

Actually, I managed to lump it all into one file. Should I upload it here?

Incidentally here's my review:

Sonic Apocalypse: 5/10
Parts of it are way too cramped and the level design can get really confusing. I didn't even get past a couple of those levels. Nevertheless, certain elements of the levels are incredibly and undeniably awesome. It's not bad; just widen the cramped parts and make it more obvious where to go.

Either way, if people want me to, I'll lump it all into one for the final release.
Parts of the levels are unfinished. Space Factory Zone is incompletable without using noclip, and I believe there are some other unclear things.

fawfulfan said:
incredibly and undeniably awesome
What parts, specifically? I'd like to get specific feedback.[/i]

I don't suppose I can fix up the level I worked on for this? After all the latest version ended sooner than I wanted.

glaber said:
I don't suppose I can fix up the level I worked on for this? After all the latest version ended sooner than I wanted.

Oh, that's the other one. Death Crater Zone has no end without noclip either yet, I'm planning on seriously extending that one, as well as Space Factory Zone.

I suppose if you'd like you could give it a shot. I'm going to be working on it as well, I'd like to see what you've got planned, and maybe implement some of your designs.

I'll attempt at it. Gotta do SOMETHING while I'm in the community right? How's this?
apocalypsetitlerh9.png

It's amazing how a few pixels can change the expression's conveyed emotion. I just covered most of the original mouth and he went from "YAY! I'M HAPPY!" to "Apoco-what? Aw hell..."

Chaos Knux said:
I'll attempt at it. Gotta do SOMETHING while I'm in the community right? How's this?
apocalypsetitlerh9.png

Hmm... That seems pretty good. Yeah, I think I might do something like that. Thanks.

I think Sonic should look menacing on the title screen. After all, in the Apocalypse, people are going to either look really frightened or really determined to survive or reverse it. I feel sure Sonic would be the latter.

Re: Sonic Apocalypse (Formerly FotS)

Crüsäder said:
If you were around a while back and recognized the title, you may be thinking "Wait, I thought that was forever ago and he abandoned it!" Well, I didn't.
Regardless, this may not be finished for quite a while. I have a couple screenshots, and I have the beta download.

srb20001.png

The new title screen.

srb20003.png

This looks familiar... but what's with that box?

Click here to download
CURRENT EDITING:
-Fixing/Replacing graphics
-Level debugging
-Thing placement

PLANNED ADDITIONS:
-Match levels
-Cutscenes (possibly a .wad file w/o cutscenes as well)
-More levels
-More music replacement
...I'm also pretty open to suggestions, so feel free.

I like it,You did a very good job on it,WAY TO GO CRUSADAR

I Give it a thumb up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back