• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tikal Beta finally out! Now for the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrispy said:
Uhm, what? What do you mean I'm making a hypocrite of myself? I honestly do believe that the female characters (mainly Rouge) are too sexual for the age range of sonic fans.

Surely you hadn't forgotten the old sprite betas where you emphasized the spherical capacity of almost every female character? I happen to remember editing the Tikal sprite you did on request because she looked way too top-heavy. =P

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Ooh, that does look better. Is it cool if I use that?

If you like it, go ahead.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
@Jellybones: She runs like knux and glides a lot faster than he does. So she's best for people who are really good with Knux, because sometimes her speed can be a little unforgiving. I made her resemble her SA2B self since it's the only game where she's a playable character (she's wicked fast, but her sensing ability sucks)

Personally, I'd imagine she'd have a more forgiving accel and a better thrust factor, but not be that much faster than Knuckles or Tails. However, I haven't played as her in SA2B so I'm only basing this over the general impression given off by the character. Though increasing the acceleration is probably one of the most effective way of giving the impression of a faster character in SRB2 without actually making it go Sonic's speed.

Thanks. man. I'll be sure to put some work in this week (last night was horrible. 3 parties does not do a body good)

JEV3 said:
Personally, I'd imagine she'd have a more forgiving accel and a better thrust factor, but not be that much faster than Knuckles or Tails. However, I haven't played as her in SA2B so I'm only basing this over the general impression given off by the character. Though increasing the acceleration is probably one of the most effective way of giving the impression of a faster character in SRB2 without actually making it go Sonic's speed.

Let me give you a summary of her control: I ran right off the edge at Pumpkin Hill because I didn't expect her to be fast. I was thinking "girl knux, same speed if not slower than knux". WRONG-O!

I guess for agility, giving her a good accel and thrustfactor still makes sense. I guess the whole slightly-slow princess thing has been overdone on the character WADS by now anyways... Nevertheless, I don't think SRB2 leaves much room for a character to be unique based on speed alone unless perhaps its the difference between Sonic and Tails.

From a gameplay perspective, making her too much faster than Knuckles results in her being comparable to Sonic. The acceleration could be more loose and she'd probably approach a speed not much different than Knuckles much quicker than usual, with a lower jump height and slightly faster action ability to make her a little bit more emphasized on her agility. A good thrustfactor just means she can handle well on springs, it really only makes a difference when its a lot or when its very little... from my experience.

JEV3 said:
Chrispy said:
Uhm, what? What do you mean I'm making a hypocrite of myself? I honestly do believe that the female characters (mainly Rouge) are too sexual for the age range of sonic fans.

Surely you hadn't forgotten the old sprite betas where you emphasized the spherical capacity of almost every female character? I happen to remember editing the Tikal sprite you did on request because she looked way too top-heavy. =P
I didn't make her top-heavy on purpose, everyone messes up when they're making a character they haven't seen often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back