• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emarald Realm WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-fox

apparently ive always wanted to make my own 1 player levels,
so thats what im doing. ive done 3 and 1 of them is 2D.
Now im completely blank on more levels :(

From those screenshots, I can tell you've at least got some experience in level-making. Those parts of the levels I see in them do not look cramped at all.

However, I do notice some undeafed rings in the boss level in the 3rd screen.

The Beginning Zone 1, 1/10

Okay, scrap this, and do it all over again.

The Good:

- FOF knowledge
- Pit knowledge

The Bad:

- No Thok Barrier
- No Rings
- No Enemies, apart from some Jetty-syns at the start
- Random textures
- Cramped
- Short

The Beginning Zone 2, 2/10

The Good:

- 2D Mode knowledge
- Enemies
- A ring!!!!!!!!111111 omg

The Bad:

- No Thok Barrier
- Repetitive
- Textures and gimmicks completely different from Act 1
- Crawla swarms
- Jetty-syns in Zone 1
- No Exit Sign

The Beginning Zone 3, 0/10

The Good:

- Boss works

The Bad:

- No Thok Barrier
- No Egg Capsule
- Slime is not a water block
- Slime doesn't fit
- Textures and gimmicks completely different from Acts 1 and 2

Overall, 1/10

Redo your levels. Take time on them, and compare them to the official leels, and stuff like the Mystic Realm. Make sure they have a difficulty curve, too. I guess that all I can do is direct you to Level Design 101, which is here:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design

Daredevil said:
- No Egg Capsule
Bosses don't need a Egg Capsule and i don't even know how to create one of those yet.... in other words i don't think you should rate it down because it doesn't include an Egg Capsule.

But still, an Egg Capsule seperates a good boss from a downright terrible one. There's a page on the Wiki about it, read that.

Monster Iestyn said:
From those screenshots, I can tell you've at least got some experience in level-making. Those parts of the levels I see in them do not look cramped at all.

However, I do notice some undeafed rings in the boss level in the 3rd screen.
Please tel me your kidding ;_; The only reason he knows how to use 2d mode and FOF's is because I told him, "The Beginning" Is his first level he made....even then he kept going, "how do you blah blah blah?"

dont even blame me the levels are crap because there my first singleplayer ones and my first time trying to make levels on my own :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back