knuckles.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fawfulfan said:
Chrispy, you should offer this WAD for use as the official KTE WAD in 1.1.

No way. The official Knux sprites have been ruined a bit in Chrispy's WAD to make them look right with the other sprites. The other sprites have plenty of obvious edits of some of the official Knux/Sonic sprites.

Compare Chrispy's Knux's side spring up sprite to the one in SSNTails' avatar, then tell me whose is better to you.

Well, it doesn't have to be used exactly the way it is now. It can be the basis for the official WAD. It's certainly more complete than the one in the current version--it just needs some sprite modification.

This wad is bad for various reasons.
  • The sprites are horrible edits of Sonic.plrs
    Everything's improportionate
    His knuckle spikes change angle constantly

HEY CHRISPY, CAN I FIX IT?
KNUXA1.png

The dreads probably aren't thick enough, but other than that, what do you guys think? I think he could use more shading around the face, personally.
Also, if it's okay with you, Chrispy, I was thinking about remaking this WAD. It would at least be something until SSN is done with his Knuckles.

A bit bigger around the stomach and the dreadlocks are to thick, I believe he has seven dreadlocks in a line.

KNUXA1-1.png

Okay, I improved it some more. His shoes are better and I fixed the dreadlocks. I'm leaving the torso alone, because if I make him any fatter, there isn't enough room for his arms to be visible, and it looks odd.
I was going to add the eyebrows, but without any brighter reds to work with inside a color map of 176-191, it kept coming out weird. :P Now if it's okay with Chrispy, I'm gonna work on the rest of the standing sprites.

The rest doesn't need to be that big, a 4x2 (XxY) rectangle with the sides raised one picel would be enough. The crest goes too far down. Have a look at the official Knuckles sprite, and then you'll see.

And so, now the world knows what happens when you pour Dr.Pepper into a bad WADfile. A 20 teraton explosion of pure WIN occurs.

KNUXA1-2.png

I haven't bothered looking at his sprites yet, but I did take a look at some official art. I can't believe how badly I screwed up on things like his eye color. :P I'll try seeing if raising his crest up helps make that a little better, it does look kinda weird where it is now.

Firstly, his eye colur is purple (just incase, thought I saw blue in there) and the crest should be shortened around the edges into points and the angle of the crest should be shortened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back