• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Asset Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have a new SRB2DB Configuration file from Warpshade, with all the custom Things from the asset pack included. Replace srb2ex.cfg with it and you'll now get shortcuts to all the new, custom Things. Thank you, Warpshade!
EDIT: And now Prime's offered his array of horizontal springs to be placed inside. This asset package is really picking up momentum.

Eggy!

EGGNA1.jpg

EGGMA12.jpg

Yes, Big! Egg Snow Cannon is the name of his machine! I made the sprite. Sadly, I have stopped there. If you want me to continue, I'd gladly make more! He's supposed to shoot snowballs at you and fly around you at the same time. And he strafes around you when you fly, so he keeps facing you! I haven't made the SOC yet. I'm also making the Eggtank!

Do you like it?

CREDIT:
Monster Iestyn: After-Shading.
Aled: Placing and Orignal design.

EDIT: PM me if you want to have the sprite.

EDIT TWO: Wait a minute! I can make my own WAD/SOC for this! I'll tell you when I retire this. So, don't take it until I retire this project!

I'll Begin said:
Dead trees might look better texture-based. As in, a 3d trunk with unpegged texture branches.
We don't know if people will go out of their way to make things look good like that, however. Plenty of people use spike objects instead of sector spikes simply because they're easier. However cool the sector spikes are, the crowd prefers to place spike objects. It'd likely be the same here. I'm not impressed with the way people think in these situations, but I'm not them.

Aled: The Egg Snow Cannon looks just too much like the Egg Slimer. You should try moving the tanks about one frame backwards, and connecting them at the back. Also, whatever you do, try to make the bosses act smoothly like the two we have. The boss should fall back after a bit of firing at you, and land to reload snow. Those tanks can only hold so much, right?

The Egg Snow Cannon looks just too much like the Egg Slimer. You should try moving the tanks about one frame backwards, and connecting them at the back.

I don't get what you mean...

The boss should fall back after a bit of firing at you, and land to reload snow. Those tanks can only hold so much, right?

Correct. Great idea! So, do you think I should continue?

Aled The Hedgehog said:
The Egg Snow Cannon looks just too much like the Egg Slimer. You should try moving the tanks about one frame backwards, and connecting them at the back.

I don't get what you mean...
(Forgive the following terrible explanation, my English skills seem to be suffering. And English is my native language.)

Say these Xs represent locations. The S represents the Egg Slimer. The bottommost, middle X is the front, and vice versa.
XXX
XSX
XXX
The tanks are located on the two sides. The two bolded Xs represent their current location. I was trying to explain moving each of the two tanks towards the back. Just by one location, though. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Do what on the front, Aled??

I think I can explain it better:

Key

X = Current location of Tanks

X = Where the Tanks should go

S = Egg Snow Cannon Body

X = Other Locations around the Egg Snow Cannon

----Back----

XXX
XSX
XXX

----Front----

Note that we have to make the tanks look like they are further back in the sprites.

Aled The Hedgehog said:
O_O How am I,∂£ęÐ, going to do that. I'M NOT THE BEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD, AREN'T I!

...And I Meant FRONT FRAME!!!
You know how the Egg Slimer has 8 angles? Just use the tanks from another one of the angles.

Ohhh! Oh, And, Sorry for shouting....

P.S: Also, Look at my avatar, Its got a preview of Eggman!!!
What do you think of the avatar? ;) (Notice that eggman is laughing his head off...) Whiped it up today!

Monster Iestyn said:
It's not like you need to tell everyone about everything you do, Aled! It's annoying! Ok, Now I should say i'm an idiot.

.........STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, When you do a MOD, then you tell ALL your progress about it. Do you know how ANNOYING this is? Stop I.T! Or I'll Go **** Mad!! Sorry if i've gotten offtopic... It's just if he would think before he posted...

(ontopic) Anyway, What do you think?

Sorry, it's just we usually end up arguing at least once each day. And I'm not in the best of moods now that I just got kicked from a server, possibly for that reason (See SRB2 Discussion Forum).

Anyway, Boinciel, when do you plan on the next release?

Monster Iestyn said:
Anyway, Boinciel, when do you plan on the next release?
As soon as I get some more content. What I have right now is laughably short of an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back