• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

End of Sonic 3 / & Knuckles in SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello / Good evening to all programmers!
I had an idea, a new gadget. However, to create this idea, it must change game's code. This is not an easy task.
This gadget can be used by everyone (persons)
Well, presentation:
This is an optional of games Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles on the Sega Genesis console, which incorporates this principle:
After act 1 of Sonic 3/Knuckles, the act 2 spend directly after the flag.
Properties of this option:
- On the 8192 sector type, "Exit Stage etc...", the flag turn and we view "Sonic finish the act ", the bonus point score, rings and so on.
- Useful nonetheless: something that keeps from returning to the end of the first act, in the second. (An invisible wall, for example)
- After the end of the score party ( bonus time, bonus score), displaying the name of the level next (zone 2 ...) without having the screen black gradient that passes the beginning of another level. On the other hand, it would be nice if we could change the music when the second act begins.
I have presented my idea. I work on it, between wad competitions , my big SRB2 project. Your help is welcome!
0.jpg
0.jpg
It should look like this.The flag is turned right but the act 2 completes act 1 , without something between the two levels.

Last edited:
You would probably be better off creating two maps, and replicating the connection point in both. Putting it all in one map would reduce your framerate.

You would probably be better off creating two maps, and replicating the connection point in both. Putting it all in one map would reduce your framerate.

Actually, that would more or less only happen when you don't place control sectors near the sectors they are tagged to.

And then there's seamless teleporters. If you use seamless teleporters in a level, it won't reduce your framerate as much.

And yes, I know making a huge level will make your framerate reduce, pretty much no matter what you do. But doing things like using seamless teleporters, will reduce a bit of lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back