• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Matrix Labyrinth Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of reminds me of the Labyrinth Guide mission at the Castle of Glass in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams... You had to guide Will out of this big palace, but all there were, like, 3 types of doorways... it was kind of hard to tell what was a door, a mirror, or just a barrier, since all the rooms looked the same, and the arches above each wall looked EXACTLY the same.

So do you all get it? The level is supposed to be like Labyrinth Zone from Sonic 1, which has traps, enemies, HAX, etc.

Don't any of you remember how annoying, but hard, yet enjoyable, and challenging, the first time you went through Labyrinth Zone was, and that has a lot of replay value.

Only in this level, you need to have two people, or more.

I hope you get the concept, and if you don't: You either hated Labyrinth Zone, or never played Sonic 1. And if you haven't played Sonic 1, go play it!

Last edited:
Maybe if you showed us the more linear parts instead of just talking about them? "Spoiled" the level a bit?

You also seem to have a bit of trouble getting the point you're trying to make across.

Ok weegee... You need learn something like THIS urgently. Maybe this can help you on level designing and on "what the people wants to show you".

Ok weegee... You need learn something like THIS urgently. Maybe this can help you on level designing and on "what the people wants to show you".

Look, I've known the basics for a long while, I've been making levels/maps for SRB2 for 4-5 years, I just now got back into it.

Really, this level has a lot of "good" designs, none of you have seen them yet, because I didn't wanna spoil it. But even so, that is a matter of opinion. If I told you everything, there would be no point to making the level.

Also, grammar FAIL:

"Ok weegee..." You mean: "Okay, Weegee..." Weegee is a name, not a word.

"on level designing and on "what the people wants to show you"" You mean: "when level designing, and on what the people want to show you"

Really, you made just about no sense at all, and you people really shouldn't think just because someone just joined, that they suck.

I used to have an account a year, or two ago, but I never remembered what it was. >_>

Last edited:
You obviously understood what he was saying if you were able to translate it, so no need to try and act superior over little grammatical mistakes :/.

Oh, and just 'cause you're talking about using correct grammar,
Also, you FAIL at typing, you saw what you wrote, right?
should be "Also, you fail at typing. You saw what you wrote, right?

Last edited:
You obviously understood what he was saying if you were able to translate it, so no need to try and act superior over little grammatical mistakes :/.

Oh, and just 'cause you're talking about using correct grammar, should be "Also, you fail at typing. You saw what you wrote, right?

No, it's 'FAIL' not "fail", that's how I say it, when someone 'FAILS'. That's correct grammar in my book. And yes, I suppose it is correct to use a period. Although that seems more like a personal preference.

And no, just because I moved a few letters, doesn't mean I fully understand what he meant.

Last edited:
Sorry for don't use correct grammar and spelling, but to someone from Brazil, I speak (or write) very well. But you need to know it's hard to try to write in a way that you understand.

I'm sorry, but this is starting to sound more and more like

"I don't care what you say my level's awesome gtfo"

"also you needs better grammer and spelling"

If I'm wrong, go ahead and tell me, but that's what I'm getting from this.

I think RedEchidna is half right, but I think it's a good thing that DoctorWeegee doesn't care what about people's opinions much. He should listen to some of them, at least, but if he doesn't like an opinion, he doesn't have to do what others want.

Besides, I think labyrinths are cool. :P

I'm sorry, but this is starting to sound more and more like

"I don't care what you say my level's awesome gtfo"

"also you needs better grammer and spelling"

If I'm wrong, go ahead and tell me, but that's what I'm getting from this.

You're 100% wrong, I'm not some random noob that says what he or she does is amazing.

My level really isn't all that good, but I have seen much worser.

Really, I may have SF94 BETA testing this in a sense, but really... We both agree, it's a good level, but not the best.

And that's a given, I mean really, my level isn't no Eggrock Zone 2, or anything.

So no, I think my level isn't really good, but I don't think it sucks either.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I think RedEchidna is half right, but I think it's a good thing that DoctorWeegee doesn't care what about people's opinions much. He should listen to some of them, at least, but if he doesn't like an opinion, he doesn't have to do what others want.

Besides, I think labyrinths are cool. :P

Well, I have been taking some of the advice, just not the advice from people who don't know what they're talking about.

There were two responses that were pretty good, the rest... Not so much.

Also, when saying this username, say it like: 'Dr. Weegee', which stands for "Doctor Weegee".

And you also can call me 'SKNG' which means: "Sonic Kid Next Genesis".

And I deal with noobs every day. And really, at least I take advice, and make decent things.

Last edited:
You mean advice, right?

Anyways, I like mazes and labyrinths, I'll join the next game that has this map in it.

This level looks like SF94-Serv's city. (I've played it with Wolfy and angelXwind. I've also played it with Dusk/Darkbob and Bloodshot)

I hope there are more differences in later parts of the level.

Last edited:
This level looks like SF94-Serv's city. (I've played it with Wolfy and angelXwind. I've also played it with Dusk/Darkbob and Bloodshot)

I hope there are more differences in later parts of the level.

Note: Mike = Michael = SonicFreak94 = SF94.

No, no it doesn't look like it at all, it's only using the generic wall texture used in a lot of levels.

It's using a few things from Mike's city/server, but that's because it's meant to be used with it.

Here:

"[23:49] SF94: They're just similar textures
[23:49] SF94: well
[23:50] SF94: the same textures
[23:50] SF94: but used in similar ways"

And I already know the things you've done, so don't even think of trying calling this yours, or making a bad edit of it, once I release it.

And also, you didn't have to say you played it with Wolfy, AngelXWind, and Dusk, etc. There was really no reason to say their names, but I guess it's fine.

Now, I hope you get that they are pretty much nothing alike, besides maybe the textures, and the fact, that this is more or less gonna be something optional to add, if you're using Mike's MOD in a server.

Last edited:
[Offtopic] I just felt like saying their names. [/Offtopic]

I know the level doesn't play the same, it's just the level textures make it feel the same in visuals.

Well, I have been taking some of the advice, just not the advice from people who don't know what they're talking about.
When you're cherry-picking your advice, it's not gonna help your map any more than not taking advice at all. Now, I know some suggestions won't work, and some complaints don't seem quite right, but even if you don't think they know what they're talking about, just give their suggestions a thought. (Because really, how many of us actually do know what we're talking about?)

The BEST way to get advice is to actually let people play the level. That way, they actually may know what needs to improve, instead of guessing what needs to be improved just by looking at pictures. f12 people going through your level.

When you're cherry-picking your advice, it's not gonna help your map any more than not taking advice at all. Now, I know some suggestions won't work, and some complaints don't seem quite right, but even if you don't think they know what they're talking about, just give their suggestions a thought. (Because really, how many of us actually do know what we're talking about?)

I did read all of the advice. Am I going to use all of it, when they haven't seen the parts of the level that they should see, before saying what they did? No, I'm not.

And if I did show the rest of the level, what would be the point of releasing it, and having people play it?

This is the main reason why I didn't show much, let alone when I took the screenshots I didn't have the level done, nor do I now, but I am much closer to finishing act one.

I currently have about 50-75% of the third floor done.

So if any of you have any comments on the map, that don't have to do with the things I've shown in the screenshots, wait until I release it, then you can comment on what's wrong and I may fix it.

Now I hope you all get the fact that I don't want to spoil things, for anyone who may actually want to play the level.

I know there's the spoiler thing, but I still don't want to show the level 100% yet. Let alone, it's not done.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

The BEST way to get advice is to actually let people play the level. That way, they actually may know what needs to improve, instead of guessing what needs to be improved just by looking at pictures. f12 people going through your level.

Yeah, but if the level isn't done, how do you think I would do that? And plus, I'm already doing that, I have a few people off, and on, "BETA testing".

And you might want to remember, this level isn't done yet.

Thanks for the advice anyway, but I have been a BETA tester for a few things before, so I do know good ways to test things, and make sure they are working 100% right.

when they haven't seen the parts of the level that they should see, before saying what they did?
Really, you can show us. It's not gonna make your map any worse, and if you're complaining about how they haven't seen the parts you want them to see before you're willing to listen to them, then whose fault is that?

Really, you can show us. It's not gonna make your map any worse, and if you're complaining about how they haven't seen the parts you want them to see before you're willing to listen to them, then whose fault is that?

It's no one's fault, and that's not what I meant.

I said I wanted them to see the full level before giving criticism, but you seem like you don't get that. And another thing, I wasn't complaining, what is with you people anyway, complaining is not stating a fact, you really need to look up what it means.

And another thing, you can not at all say my level is bad in any way at all, you have to play the level, or see the full level, before giving your opinion. Otherwise, you're going to be acting like a noob, and won't really know what you're talking about.

And just because someone (You) says to just show what I've done, doesn't mean I'll do what you say. Only if all of you agree on it, I'll show it, and even then, it'll most likely be a no.

Just because you want me to spoil it, doesn't mean everyone else wants the level to be spoiled, don’t think of only yourself.

If you want to go on saying why I should show the level, or anything like that, go right ahead, I really don’t care.

And about showing screenshots: Think of it, if I showed screenshots, it would show how to finish/what to do when trying to solve puzzles. Which is pretty much bad, if I want the players to figure out what to do, by them self.

Even if it's pretty linear for the first 1-2 floors, I don't want to tell anyone what to do.

What I was gonna say: "You get nothing! You loose, good day sir!!".

So pretty much, my point is: I want criticism after I release the wad, so I can update it, if needed.

Any real criticism/advice not about the things I showed, will not be correct, and, or, not taken seriously.

And I'm not taking suggestions to add things in. So for anyone is reading this, besides RedEchidna, do not ask for me to add anything or BAN, OWAIT. And also, this will be updated for bug fixes, if I need to fix anything after it’s released.

Now, I hope you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back