• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Christmas 2008 edition (construction topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As you should had guessed by now, every year I bring in an update to SRB2 Christmas. And this year continues that. Since 1.1 or something close to it will be out next year, I'm including an unlockable of what is going to be next year's Main mode, Megamix. Mega Mix mode is suppose to be a reimagining of SRB2 Christmas'

This years changes are going to be: Working Drillas as seen in Daimondus act 2, Classic music restored on the ogg/mp3 side (I'm going to need someone to shrink the file sizes), Gleaming Glacier RMX retextured with Sonic Doom 2's Icecap textures, and clean ups of a few missed things from last year, Morph's name added to the credits.

srb20802.png

Emerald coast part 2 being added on

srb20800.png

Unfortunatly I've hit a snag with porting over Drilla's code from daimondus, but strangly enough it didn't appear untill I brought in Motobug.

Any way, if someone could refix Drilla that would be a big help. You will find the wad in the Editing help section.

Man, I haven't even finished the halloween mod yet. But I am interested. Are you going to use the new eggman or old one? And I'm especially interested in Emerald Coast. Let me know how this is going, because I liked the original Christmas mod.

First halloween, now christmas. What next valentines day. (I sure do hope ssn and the others don't bring all that pink back to the Mb). @_@

The eggman sprites are the same ones from version .96 and last year's edition

Nicky Clemente said:
First halloween, now christmas. What next valentines day?

I'm saving that for Holiday Blast

I'm going to need some one for reduceing the file size caused by the music files in the wad. (if you need the original files let me know.)

I know that this is a bump but I have a siggestion

Do you think you could also make a version that wasn't XMas based, it would still have the same levels but had normal SRB2 Graphic's and Music.
It is only a suggestion so you don't have to take it. Also it is just an alternative version. Not sure what you would call it though. I mostly just wanted to see what the levels would be like with the normal SRB2 Graphic's and music.

Hmm, that may actually be something for me to consider. Just don't expect it this year if I do act on the "siggestion".

Okay. If you want any help on what theme each level should be based on you can ask me. (Or what music it should have)

Maybe you could call it "SRB2: The older ages"

But anyway. I asume that SRB2Xmas will be released on XMAS day.

Progress Report:
Emerald Coast part 2 is almost up to the loop. I may have to cut the level short if not finished by the 24th.

Music from SRB2 Christmas version .96 has been added. Midnight Clear Midi still as messed up as it was in version .96. Midnight Clear Ogg works just fine.

The 2 music unlockables have been merged into Other Music Jukebox. Mp3 have been converted to ogg and reduced in file size. (Found a tutorial.)

Progress report 2
Emerald coast part 2 is nearing compleation which means I don't have to stop it short. But now the secret exit is going to get moved again.

Other music Jukebox is coming along fine, the first 2 music buttons are for the old music unlockables while the gray button is the exit button. Measures will be taken to prevent hangout.

Progress report 3: The wad is headed for submittion
Changes included are 2009 preview, other music Jukebox, Emerald Coast Megamix taking Emerald Coast Remix's spot in both Remix and Mirror Remix mode and Remix mode's Gleaming Glacier Retextured with SD2 Icecap textures

Measures against hangout were not taken in the Jukebox level. It slipped my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back