• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mighty the Armadillo Remake, New Beta WAD Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Nicky Clemente asked me some time ago if I wanted to help him work on a MightyRE WAD. I thought it was a great idea and couldn't refuse. :P After some delays, I got around to finishing the standing sprites.
Although Mighty and Sonic are very similar in many ways. It's not going to be easy to make a Mighty WAD without him being a direct clone of Sonic. So rather than toss together an alpha WAD and post it here, we want to make sure Mighty is as unique as possible, not just his sprites. We need ideas, and don't won't him to be just another spineless recolor.
Without further delay, here are the current standing frames. What do you think?
Mighty2.png

Image breaker

Mighty3.png

image breaker 2

Mighty1.png

3rd breaker

Mighty.png

This WAD was recently finished, and released here:
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=15823

The third sprite's head seems a bit flat. But very nice.

..Do I always report something about the sprite's head in all your character topics? D:

It looks good, better then Monster Ieystein's, which I cant download any way because he used sendspace to upload it.

Not bad... I was going to help Shadic_The_Human make a remake of Mighty by doing all the spriting, but apparantly I've done only the front standing sprite so far. That shows how much I've really helped. =/
MGHTA1-3.png

Oh well... I might as well leave it to you, Dr Pepper. *runs before Shadic_The_Human can get him*

As for my old Mighty WAD, Jellybones69 could have just asked me to upload it again for him.

Monster Iestyn said:
Not bad... I was going to help Shadic_The_Human make a remake of Mighty by doing all the spriting, but apparantly I've done only the front standing sprite so far. That shows how much I've really helped. =/
MGHTA1-3.png

Oh well... I might as well leave it to you, Dr Pepper. *runs before Shadic_The_Human can get him*

As for my old Mighty WAD, Jellybones69 could have just asked me to upload it again for him.

Oh yeah, sorry monster, shadic the human was my old account, I only asked dp to help do it because I thought you were busy doing Classic amy. About making the wad different, well I personally think that they should go the same speed because he at one time was going to be the "Sonic" but just slower accel would do the trick. The ablility could be possibly either double jump or something useful like wall jump (with the permission of senku).

I wasn't busy doing anything at all really. I just lost interest in it a bit quickly, and I knew I had other things I was supposed to do, and Classic Amy was just one of them.

Uhm, Dr.P, you shouldn't have to worry about porting the palettes over. XWE should do it for you.

Looks great.
About the abilities...
How-a-bout you make him as fast as Sonic, but give him MUCH slower acceleration. Double jump is a nice ability, and make his spindash really slow. He needs to do a spin jump, but make it slightly higher than Tails'. Then let him run on water, and that should work rather well.

I think he should probably have slower acceleration but be able to go as fast as Sonic when he's at full speed. He probably should not have as much thrust factor for going off the springs... It would be nice if he had access to both Knux-breakable blocks, and could have an insta-shield like Sonic, possibly something that functions like a short glide.

Sprites look cool, but I think I'd like to see some shading on the shell near his eyes. I also think perhaps the eyes need to be a little shorter in length.

Thanks Senku, I'll remember that next I draw a sprite at that angle.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Uhm, Dr.P, you shouldn't have to worry about porting the palettes over. XWE should do it for you.
That's definitely not what I meant. :P I was talking about how I would have to basically recolor every last sprite in each WAD into the new palette, more than 1200 sprites in fact.
JEV3 said:
Sprites look cool, but I think I'd like to see some shading on the shell near his eyes. I also think perhaps the eyes need to be a little shorter in length.
I'll try doing that to the eyes, thanks JEV3.

I've got a few suggestions for Mighty.

1. Make him slightly slower than Sonic in every way. Slightly slower speed, slightly slower acceleration, slightly slower accelstart. Keep his thrustfactor the same, though--Sonic's is low enough as it is.
2. His ability should be either double jump or Knux glide/climb.
3. Give Mighty a COMPLETE set of wobbling frames...most characters don't have that...even the official playable Sonic and Tails! (Knux has some, but he doesn't count since he isn't complete anyway.) That might help set Mighty apart.

Here's a few suggestions for Mighty:

1. Give him slightly slower speed than Sonic. Also give him slightly slower acceleration and accelstart. His thrustfactor should be equal to Sonic's.
2. His ability should be either Double Jump or Knux Glide/Climb.
3. Give Mighty a COMPLETE set of wobbling frames. Most characters don't have this--not even the professional Sonic and Tails! (Knuckles has it, but he doesn't coun't because he's not even close to finished in other regards.) Anyway, this would help set Mighty apart from Sonic even more.

Re: Mighty the Armadillo Remake, WIP

I wonder if this will finally be the one to get finished. Good luck! Looks epic so far.
Dr.Pepper said:
"should he double jump like he did in Megamix?"
He had Sonic's S3K abilities. Shadow had Double Jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back