My personal rant. (Long post warning!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
The Yellow Blue Dude said:
I could name lots of people who could be great mods and admins...
Really? Only two people that come to my mind would probably be Dark Warrior and Draykon. What would be the others, you think?

I agree with you on that. Hey, you could be a mod Blue Warrior. :mrgreen:

Hey, uhh, how about we get off the topic of new mods and onto the origional topic in my first post, hmm?

Yes, I agree. And besides that, thanks MVP, but I think I'd be far from fit to be a mod. With the case of Ritz, it'll probably happen only when hell freezes over. =P

Mystic said:
I'm sorry, Ritz, but hell freezes over before I make you mod. Honestly. Stop asking.
Come on now, I'm a more prudent candidate than, say, SRB2-Playah was.

But okay, your loss~

Whatif you have had played 1.08 and Demo 4? I came here 1.08(Suprisngly, the next day after I got SRB2, it was this version XD)

Also I agree. I remember when we hardly had questions like this: "HOW DO YA MAKEZ TEKPORTERS???"

Netgame n00bishness has increased by at least 1000%. N00bs sometimes come, say,well, you don't want to know, and then leave in the diabolical fury rage.

Sorry 'bout that Spazzo.

I guess you guys could say it has gotten alittle out of hand with the n00bs but it's not all that bad.

M.V.P said:
Sorry 'bout that Spazzo.

I guess you guys could say it has gotten alittle out of hand with the n00bs but it's not all that bad.

It's not all THAT bad? What have you been eating lately?

Also, in my studies, I have found out that n00bs will not read important topics such as the Rules or Level Making 101. What we need is a gimmick. Soemthing that gets everybody's attention, and that will make them read the Rules and other topics.

I have an idea of a gimmick. Lock all topics to them and once that member posts a topic in a thread that the admins review and judge, they then decide whether or not they are approved. If they are approved, then all topics remain locked until they read the rules and pass a test on each major rules topic. If they pass that test, they must then post on the introductions topic in General Discussion-Other so people may know them.

I got the newb topic idea from Mektek.net community forums, and the test idea from Confucius and crew, and the introductions post is just basic manners.

Um, about the approving part... we get one new member per day. So that's not going to work, with or without modifications.

Jurai_Madman said:
I have an idea of a gimmick. Lock all topics to them and once that member posts a topic in a thread that the admins review and judge, they then decide whether or not they are approved. If they are approved, then all topics remain locked until they read the rules and pass a test on each major rules topic. If they pass that test, they must then post on the introductions topic in General Discussion-Other so people may know them.

I got the newb topic idea from Mektek.net community forums, and the test idea from Confucius and crew, and the introductions post is just basic manners.
Or we could have a SRB2 test you have to pass before you can register, after which you have to endure a 10-post "Trial Member" period after which you're automatically "Pending Approval", which after a while could become "Member".

I mean, I'd rather not, but I have to admit, S2Beta was the first thing to come to mind, reading that.

Why not post useful suggestions. Not "Ban N00Bs." Make suggestions that will contribute to the eventual betterment of the community.

Dark Warrior said:
Why not post useful suggestions. Not "Ban N00Bs." Make suggestions that will contribute to the eventual betterment of the community.

What I'm saying is, we give people to many chances now. If they're going around making ignorant post we should just ban them.(Not IP wise unless the ban evade.) All the admins are going around doing is saying," Don't do that. Strike one." How bout you go back to the old way and temp ban then ban. If some one is ruining it for every one just get them outta the picture instead of glaring at them.

And no banning recolors and stupid crap like that won't work.

-kthxbai,
Shu

Shu said:
Dark Warrior said:

What I'm saying is, we give people to many chances now. If they're going around making ignorant post we should just ban them.(Not IP wise unless the ban evade.) All the admins are going around doing is saying," Don't do that. Strike one." How bout you go back to the old way and temp ban then ban. If some one is ruining it for every one just get them outta the picture instead of glaring at them.

Because that's not a healthy nor viable option anymore. With as many users as there are now, it's impossible to keep individual tabs in that way. The warning system works. Besides, there really wouldn't be any use for moderators if the old method was used. Though I will say, however, that I think that the second suspension should last a month, rather than a week.

Shu said:
And no banning recolors and stupid crap like that won't work.

-kthxbai,
Shu

It's not so much "stupid crap" (Which it isn't. Recolors are 90% of the current modifications being made. If they were eliminated, more people would learn to make good things.), as it is that would be counterproductive, in retrospect. Simply because a lot of the fanbase would leave/whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back