• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 in ZDoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried renaming SRB2_ZD.wad to doom.wad, but then another error occured. It said:

W_GetNumForName: PLAYPAL not found!

I tried searching http://www.google.com for "PLAYPAL", but all I found was an artist by the name of PLAYPAL. :(

I used the FreeDoom IWAD, and it worked fine. Are you still working on SRB2-ZDoom? We haven't heard of anything since after implementing an SRB2 level into ZDoom.

The only feature from ZDoom I'd like in SRB2 is slopes... and while they would enhance the look and feel of a level, we don't really need them. Legacy might be crap at Doom, I'll give you that, but it's great at SRB2. On the opposite end of the spectrum, ZDoom is all I ever play Doom in, because it does that well.

But if anyone were really motivated to port the whole thing, I'd like to see SRB2 in, like, the Quake 2 engine or something. True 3D levels would be great, as you then wouldn't need to screw about with control sectors or special thing types to make floors over floors or slopes.

That aside, Legacy is more than satisfactory for our level making purposes. But I'm looking forward to those level ports, to see just how well they actually work in ZDoom.

boing.png
ouchverysoon.png
ow.png

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but, AJ, what program is that in which you are showing us? It looks kinda cartoonish, but I like it that way.

EDIT: Cy-Chan, if you look at the sequence of the pictures, the spikes do have a collision with Sonic. In picture 2, Sonic lands on the spikes and in picture 3, Sonic is forced back and he looses the rings he had because of the damage he took from the spikes.

EDIT2: Also, you see that before he landed on the spikes he had 12 rings, but after collision he only had 7 (I like that because I don't like loosing all my rings and having to fetch them all, but it doesn't follow what all the previous Sonic games have done, which makes you loose all your rings. At least, I think they make you loose all your rings. @_@).

The first link in your post does not have any file to download, AJ, and states that the game is coming soon. I downloaded from the older link but, as you said, it is very slow.

Did you mean to put the link to the download of the game on the page but forgot, or did you mean for us to wait until the download is available?

Uh, Haven, that isn't even running in Doom. It's his own engine that he made from scratch. Hence, it has a lot of nice features like "not having to use Doom's formats."

The version of ZdoomGL that supported MD2 was so horribly glitchy that its being remade by a totally different person, so the MD2 argument is out :-p

the newest version doesnt support MD2's yet either

and i gotta agree, SSNtails' engine does look quite nice, apart from the rings which look kinda odd

I know this is my first post and all, but I want to ask a question. would it be easy to create a remake of SRB2 through, let's say as another sprite based engine, Duke Nukem 3D? I know that someone is already making a sonic TC in it, but would SRB2's features be possible in the different engine? don't take it as i want some one to actually do it, but if anyone here who has even tinkered with the BUILD engine have an answer for me? I might actually attempt the idea, but I'm not sure if it's possible. ( i would mention the new JFDuke port's features but my brain is running on empty and I'm dead exhausted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back