Dark Souls 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Anyone playing this? So far, I've been having a lot of fun. It seems to be quite a bit faster paced than Dark Souls 2, but still slower than Bloodborne. The weapon system is fairly deep, and there are a whole bunch of great options to choose from. My current weapon of choice is the trusty Claymore. Not all that far in the game yet, but here's a video of me killing some giant enemy crabs.

When the Giant Crab lifts both arms into the air, initiate an R1 attack when the crab is at the peak of its animation. You can find a video of this linked from the video above.

Last edited:
I'm not very far into the game myself, but I was delighted to find that my weapon and shield of choice, the Estoc and the Target Shield, from the first game were immediately available if I picked the assassin class at character creation.

So I've been playing through the game as a fabulous fencing gentleman so far. When I get the chance I plan on learning pyromancy as well, as I did that in the first game too and had a blast throwing fireballs around as a backup plan if I couldn't duel anything down with swordplay.

Yeah! I started out as thief as well! I just kinda wish I didn't have all those extra points in luck, as it doesn't seem to be as neat of a stat as I was hoping it would be...

Haven't played ANY of the Dark Souls yet, but I've been meaning to. Any recommendations on which one I should start with?

I started with Dark Souls 2, and it was a blast. Movement is a bit slower paced than in the other games, but this does not make it easier/shallower than the other games. I suggest this first because...I'm very biased. I haven't actually played Dark Souls 1 or Demon Souls yet, but I will definitely play them after I finish 3 and Bloodborne.

DS2 is known for being more linear than DS1, but this is probably a good thing for new players. I personally did not feel the linear progression was in any way a bad thing. Gameplay was awesome, so was the world, atmosphere, and overall design. I'm sure you'll have a blast! If you need any tips, help, or just want to discuss, I'd be happy to chat! I wish you luck on your Souls journey. It's going to be amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back