Duke Nukem 3D is no longer free (but it is on sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

What it says in the title. Awesome game; second episode's kinda mediocre (you'd think a space station would be pretty awesome, but it kinda drags), but the first is amazing, and the third and fourth are really great too. Love the emphasis on explosive weaponry, down to how so much of the level design is destructible with the things. The chauvinism is kinda annoying, admittedly (this is not a game for little kids), but the actual gameplay holds up about as well as Doom does.

So yeah, GOG.com is giving out has Duke Nukem 3D half-off through around noon EST Friday early January. I know most all of us like a good classic FPS, and I'd really like to do some co-op in it sometime, so nab it while it won't hurt your bottom line is half off, eh?

Last edited:
Just got it. I love coop in old doomy games! How would I do it? Also, I have no idea where the game installed to on my laptop... the installer didn't tell me D:
That's aggravating.

There's a source port, EDuke32, that works on most modern desktop OSes; that's what I intend to try co-op/DM with sometime. Hopefully they've got a decent netcode setup...

Alright, I found the game files and I've downloaded EDuke. Is there a single specific file I need for EDuke? For example, to run any doom source ports all I need is doom2.wad and that's it. Is there an equivalent file for Duke?

Probably, but I don't know what it is; I just slapped EDuke32 into the Duke Nukem 3D folder GOG created and called it a day.

Alright, I found the game files and I've downloaded EDuke. Is there a single specific file I need for EDuke? For example, to run any doom source ports all I need is doom2.wad and that's it. Is there an equivalent file for Duke?

I believe it's the .GRP file that is required for source ports.

I've grabbed the eDuke port while I'm here, so I'm prepared now. When's this co-op going down? Honestly, I'm getting bored as of late and need to pay some strippers, if you catch my drift...

Wow, I didn't expect them to be in the same rut we're in, and for much longer. And the MP that does work isn't server/client?

Something tells me multiplayer is gonna be "fun".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back