• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 Heroes - Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan rose

Cyan The Hedgehog
Hello there message board, if you seen me on srb2, with a server called,
"Cyan's srb2 heroes mod (wip)" , Or something like that, you would know whats going on.

Anyways, I'm here to tell you about srb2 heroes, in my version, I know crazy right? Not a port either, cool huh? But Srb2 Heroes was a secret until now,
This is like my first post in srb2 MB with a srb2 wad or something.

Well on to the details, I have been doing this mod secretly, and I decided
to post a W.I.P here. I hope you like this mod! ^_^

Seaside hill : 13%
Ocean Palace :3%
Egg Hawk : 100% (might redo, it was rushed)
Grand Metropolis : 14%
Power Plant : 7%
Team Rose : 14% (Needs a boss)

And those will be the levels for the mod.

Oh yeah Almost forgot!

There will be test beta's in the work in progress!

Hope you like!

Moderator Notice:
We don't need an awful web site to get your information, thanks.

Screen Shots - *none yet*

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, this again. Despite having screenshots on your awful Webs powered website, you can't even be bothered to post them in the topic? Its bad enough the website had traced over Sonic Heroes art and horribly modified text, but the screenshots of the levels, it's just... what happened there? Its like you just vomited on SRB2 Doom Builder and called it a day.

srb20060.png

I mean, look at this! Are you just colorblind or something? What is even the point of this room, with its absurd length for what appears to be two... objects in the distance?

srb20069.png

I dont even know what to say about this one, its like the only SRB2 maps you've ever seen were from SRB2 World or something.

Also, this is like... the third SRB2 Heroes mod, and none of them have gotten much farther than one complete zone or so. One was a port, one was a collaborative effort with original stages, and neither were that great. There's a reason why mods based of pre-existing games never get far. Especially if its their first project. What you're doing is far to ambitious for a first project, and I recommend learning what a real stage is about and learning from it. The way I see this mod, its not going anywhere anytime soon.

Actually, Your supposed to use open gl.
Also, forget srb2 doom builder, the regular doom builder might carry larger areas to build maps.

Actually, Your supposed to use open gl.

I can guarantee you that OGL would not fix a single damn thing, and would probably make things even worse. OGL is no magic fix-it option, and is no excuse whatsoever.

srb20064.png

There is no way OGL can fix something like THIS.

It does fix textures. =3

NO IT DOES NOT. You are completely delusional if you think OGL would make this mod better, and relying on an unsupported renderer is a shitty excuse for YOUR poor texturing job. It doesn't fix bullshit texture choice, nor does it fix level design.

Also, forget srb2 doom builder, the regular doom builder might carry larger areas to build maps.

At this point, its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about, so I recommend you cancel this project before you somehow hurt yourself.

Rage i see. Hmm, Oh well. When I first posted the topic,
I wanted to let everyone know about this project,
it apparently could give me better wad making.
Its a second time experience for me.

Well he's not raging; he's telling you the truth. Those screenshots are absolutely hideous. Did you even think about the way things were going to look or just arbitrarily select textures at random and paste them in?

Also, don't link a web site with your information. Please edit your post to include your information in the topic instead.

I'm still working on it, I cant really get flats to work properly. (Talking custom flats)
If i use another program besides slumped, it will turn out like that custom flat on the seaside hill.

Custom flats or wall textures will NOT fix the problem here. The problem is that you don't appear to be thinking about the way things look at all, producing absurdly bright, painful to look at messes of color. Those single color textures are not for general use, and you shouldn't be using them for entire walls. This entire project looks INCREDIBLY ugly, and that's saying a lot when I generally don't even care about visuals that much (look at Mystic Realm).

I'm sorry, but all your screenshots say quite directly that you're not. Trying implies that you are at least looking at your own work and attempting to make something good. These screenshots are the equivalent of someone finding a marker, randomly scribbling on the wall, and calling it art. I'm simply going to lock this topic; if you produce something beyond this visual horror, feel free to make a new topic, but I expect you to actually try at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back