All WADs dropped, permanetly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
My computer just completely died on me :(

All my work has been lost, everything has been dropped...
Good day to you.

What were you working on? is it possible for another computer to access the hard drive your stuff was on if you physically switch it to a different one?

My computer is the only one with Vista, and only that version of MSPaint is what i use, anything else would be a decrepacy for me.

And Glaber, I can't do that.

Well, if it's a hard drive failure there's frequently not much you can do, but if another part of the computer died you can always take the hard drive out of the old machine, plug it into the new machine's second hard drive bay and then copy the files over.

It's a large hassle and it's generally more trouble than it's worth, but it can be done.

Well, if it's a hard drive failure there's frequently not much you can do, but if another part of the computer died you can always take the hard drive out of the old machine, plug it into the new machine's second hard drive bay and then copy the files over.

It's a large hassle and it's generally more trouble than it's worth, but it can be done.

It wasn't a HD failiure, my screen broke. It doesn't want to work when it's broken.

Well if your screen broke that's by far the easiest to deal with. You plug another monitor into the machine and get your data back.

Don't tell me you don't have an extra screen lying around?

My grandmother had a spare 15" LCD lying around till I took it to up my collection to 5!

If it's only a broken screen, that's not so hard to fix. If you have a Desktop computer, simply replace the screen, and it'll be like nothing happened to it.

A Laptop is slightly harder, but not by much. The hard drive should pop right out, and you can plug it into another computer, and transfer your files.

Either way, you don't have to drop your work. Your WADs aren't lost forever...unless you already threw away your computer.

Unless your computer is a laptop, i don't think a broken screen would be much of a big deal. Buy a new one and everything will be happy again. :)

My computer is the only one with Vista, and only that version of MSPaint is what i use, anything else would be a decrepacy for me.
I find Paint.net is a pretty similar program once you turn the antialiasing off. I used to use the classic MSpaint a lot too (and it still finds its own uses today actually) but .net is a FAR superior program once you start getting the hang of it. Oh yeah, and it's free too, so screw that photoshop altogether. XP

I find Paint.net is a pretty similar program once you turn the antialiasing off. I used to use the classic MSpaint a lot too (and it still finds its own uses today actually) but .net is a FAR superior program once you start getting the hang of it. Oh yeah, and it's free too, so screw that photoshop altogether. XP

Win7 Paint has Antialiasing.

And Photoshop is and will always be far superior to .net, there's no question about it, you pay for what you get, welcome to a society where people actually have to spend money. =P

Unless you're like me, I didn't pay for Photoshop.

I'll use Paint.NET, whatever people say. Free's better. As I said in a Video Games topic:

There are the crappy, yet famous ones, and the underrated, yet awesome ones.

Alright, not exactly what I said, BUT it can't be more true, I think.
So I'm staying with Paint.NET for now. And I'm not bothering to upgrade to Win7: The stuff that's 2 gens behind is usually much better than the latest, because usually the bugs are all "squashed". Also, Vista has a very different system from XP. That's why I'm staying with XP. I don't want to get bamboozled with the new system.

And Photoshop is and will always be far superior to .net, there's no question about it, you pay for what you get, welcome to a society where people actually have to spend money. =P
*giga facepalm*

I was comparing Paint.net to MSPaint, not Paint.net to Photoshop. Basic literacy skills are your friend. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back