Help with running Sonic R on my vista pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
I've recently downloaded Sonic R on my pc, and I have a little situation. I can't get past the screen setup. I've tried every key, and It won't work. What am I doing wrong?

I think Vista is too advanced for Sonic R. I use Windows XP, and Sonic R didn't work for me, either.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
I think Vista is too advanced for Sonic R. I use Windows XP, and Sonic R didn't work for me, either.
I don't know about Vista, but I've found a work-around to the XP problem. Go inside the CD-ROM and highlight the game exe. Tap enter twice quickly. Not sure why, but it apparently doesn't expect you to attempt to run the game twice so quickly, so it only gives you an error message for one of the attempts.

Shouldn't this be in Video Gaming?

Anyway, you're better off just getting Sonic Gems Collection. Sonic R and a whole bunch of other nice games to boot.

I didn't have a gamecube so around the time I decided I wanted to try Sonic CD and Sonic R, I just got an old Sega action pack for the PC for really cheap (unfortunately I lost the CD with Kid Chameleon and Vectorman). Sonic CD had some XP patch floating around the internet that was actually quite difficult to find if I remember correctly.

With Sonic R I had one of the CDs that was missing the music (I figured I wasn't really missing much) but because I had so much trouble starting it I tried to find a patch for that too. I didn't find one, but I did read that you pretty much have to select it over and over until it starts up. It generally does once in twenty-five attempts.

Again, I've gotten it to work almost every time by selecting the exe inside the CD-rom and double-tapping enter really fast. Just normally selecting it over and over again usually doesn't do jack, from my experiences.

This is what I did:
1. Started up Virtual PC
2. Launched a Virtual XP Computer
3. Installed Sonic R on it.
4. ???
5. Profit! *bricked*

Unfortunately, that isn't within reason for the Average Vista user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back