• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaotic Duels Match Pack=Moving to realeases-Mods=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 3 has been started!

Here is what goes down...

Green Valley name changes to Emerald Valley Zone and is to be revamped.
Flooded Ruins will be worked on some more.
Match Ground's Homing ring will be taken out.
Fix the bugs in Isolated Snow Zone.
Make Magma Way larger, Fix the bugs, and make it more lavaish.
4 new levels.
Fix any other problems.

Any last minute advise in till I begin?!?!?!?

ANY?

Right now, I'm working on Frozen Sky Zone, every now and then when I test it it lags so horribly any ideas to what might be causing the lag?

I'm sorry for making so many post at once, I just always forget about the edit button, I'll try to use it more often.

OnTopic: Any help with the lag?

Edit: Hyper Sonildow you spelled quadrupole wrong.

Thak you, but I don't need a character wad in this just some maps.

But if you wish to help on any of the following PM me it will be gladly appreciated. ^^

-Music Importer
-Socing
-Level Select pic taking.

I don't know why this was moved to releases, I moved it back to editing.

Wind said:
FIRST of all I base my maps on my creative mind whatever comes into my mind I draw it up on SRB2DB
This does look like the case with your first map. This is very similar to sapphire falls. In the way the bridges are, and the water falling to a pond.

Wind said:
You obviously don't even know what a **** beta is, it's just a little taste of what will really be made
Criticism is essential for the beta stage. You get input from users that tell you what is wrong with the map so you can improve it and make it better.

Well, Here I am reviewing the new levels...

Emerald Valley: Not much difference between this one, and sapphire falls, but sure it's not the same. I'm getting sick with all those rings, I could even get 999 rings with only 3/4 of the rings, which is uncceptable, especially when in match, like anyother map gametype, there's only the 1/4 of the rings that you put (ergo, only 35 rings at maximum in a ring line). And this ring sickness is in EVERY STAGE of yours! Also, there's not hidding places in here too. Redo this stage. 4/10

(Flooded Ruins + Match Grounds: Redo these stages.)

Isolated Snow: Why does the snow slows you down like a snail? Man, you shouldn't make the snow slow down that much. no hidding places. Redo this stage. 3/10

Magma Way: The lava has a texture bug, making us, players, thinking that is something to put the feet on, while it isn't. Also, why did you put a spring leading to a hurting roof, no fair. no hidding places. Redo this stage. 3,5/10

Frozen Sky: Certainly the most unfair stage for the no-flying/climbing characters getting hidding places. The sky is only accessable from these characters by dying in the pits. The little ruins are impossible to get to from these characters too. The sky part sucks, really, you can't barely see what's below you because of the sky beeing too "fat". Luckly, there are hidding places in here. Redo this stage. 4/10

Sky Match: Flat, boring, etc... There are hidding places in here, but you need to get the red spring to get there. The sky's flat and boring too. Redo this stage. 2,5/10

Poisoned Tree: Too much bushes. They doesn't let you see ahead and you might fall in the slime. The yellow springs doesn't let you get the infinity ring. There are hidding places. Redo this stage. 4,5/10

Overall: 3,5/10. Two words:
This
Sucks.
And this is enough for you to understand what you're doing...

I just downloaded this, and now I've got the results.

Emerald Valley: 3/10, not much is there, it's quite short, and there is too many item boxes in 1 spot. Spread em out a bit, and it also lacks in scenery a bit, and feels a bit rushed. Keep working on this level,a nd it can turn out good.

Flooded Ruins: 3/10, this could of turned out better if you spent much more time on this level. It's bland throughout the stage despite loads of rows of rings, and piles of item boxes in some parts of the stage.

Match Grounds: 3/10 okish, but it could of been better, this needs more scenery, and escape routes, especially the mini castle in the middle, but for a average tag game, it's ok.

Isolated Snow: 3/10 way too bland for it's size, making loads of software glitches visible, if you worked on this one more, it would of had potential, also give the ice friction to make it more realistic.

Magma Way: 4/10, this is not bad, but it needs more stuff done to it to make it better. First, you need to sort out your sectors. It lags in most parts of the stage, plus you need to add more better escape routes especailly the lava. Not good, plus it's bland on the top of the big rock. Also ice textures don't suit well in a lava like theme *refers to thok barrier*

Frozen Sky: 5/10 now this is what I want to see more from you, but it's not perfect, it's very bland still, and you need to add more scenery, and it needs more stuff in e.g., more rooms, areas etc. Also, the springs arn't needed in the first bit, but it still lags in your stage because your sectors are too close together, spread em out a bit. If you carry on with this one, it'll be a good map.

Poisoned Tree: 4/10, nice idea, although you could of worked on this one longer. The leaves on the trees are solid making it unrealistic, give the control sector lindef type 59, which is FOF intangible, so you can go through the leaves, making it more realistic. More scenery is needed, and this one would of had potential.

Sky Match: 2/10, too small, and weapon ring placement was not good, I killed myself half the time to get the bomb rings, and also the rings were too close together. This one needs redoing.

Overall: 3.5/10, it's getting there, although it needs a lot more improvements. In most of your stages, you need to think about where abouts you put your sectors. Putting too many in a close spot can cause lag, and it doens't help, especially in netgames. Your biggest flaw is rushing your stages, focus on 1 at a time, and then release the levels when you are ready.

You said that OpenGL mode has worse lag. Not for me--the reason I like OpenGL mode better is that it actually causes LESS lag on my computer.

Unfortunately I can't use OpenGl anymore on my computer. It freezes in a net game during the intermission screen :/

fawfulfan said:
You said that OpenGL mode has worse lag. Not for me--the reason I like OpenGL mode better is that it actually causes LESS lag on my computer.

It depends on the computer. For the computer that I use for SRB2, OpenGL is naturally tinted green and has a framerate of about 2 Hz.

My computer runs great on open GL but with this mod I guess due to the rendering of the FOF's makes it lag just a bit.

Wait? Is this my topic? I forgot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back