Sonic Megamix is not dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEV3 created a Megamix thread back in August of '08 after the recent events that the people who created the game decided to end the project short. The thread wasn't locked; just another case of thread inactivity, after about only a month after it was started.

I haven't really played much Sonic Megamix. It is an ambitious attempt to rework Sonic 1 (Genesis/MD), and it's a well-known and well-praised Sonic hack. I'm sure those new to modifications would play this and like it quite well. I haven't gotten the Sega CD version to work, but I liked what I played so far. It doesn't really matter that much if it's far from an ideal release/incomplete, just as long as it can be fun to play (Q. E. D. -> SRB2).

I am fairly impressed to know THIS much is changing for the next version. Sonic Megamix was honestly always a romhack I enjoyed. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it, but I always preferred Sonic's modern moveset, yet I enjoyed the 2D games still. Megamix was great for what I wanted, so having this little speck of awesome for the new version is pretty good. I do hope it's done quick, despite the label on that release. Megamix v4 is pretty damn old now.

I've always liked Megamix. The level design of the first zones especially exploits the insane amount of speed that the characters easily gather, and there's plenty of normal platforming too. I can't wait to see Starry Night and the other revamped levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back