• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SeventhSentinel's Ultra Radical Stuff (TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some amazing looking maps. I especially like the night city (I spy a Futurama reference) and the bleak factory map; and that Sonic hologram is pretty creative, haven't seen graphics used like that for SRB2 too much.

The Ice Cap and the sand dunes look cool. They remind me of Sonic DOOM with the direct usage of graphics from the Genesis titles, except that it actually looks good this time. The realistic looking skybox reminds me of a sky I saw in the Eggman Way 5 pack on v1.09.4, and it looks nice.

I like how you're trying to stray away from basic level themes, or at least trying to add something new to them.

These developmental threads are a real tease. All of the content that is getting released right now is either sub-par, basic, or a port/revision of something that already exists. Yet all this good content is private. This is all good work, is it getting released once 2.2 comes out?

Sure! If I've finished any of it by then, that is :P

In all seriousness, I'd love to throw my maps out there for people to play, but I never release anything until I run out of ways to improve it. Fusion Factory already has cool new textures, for example, and will probably have a totally custom texture set by the time I've finished it.

Sure! If I've finished any of it by then, that is :P

In all seriousness, I'd love to throw my maps out there for people to play, but I never release anything until I run out of ways to improve it. Fusion Factory already has cool new textures, for example, and will probably have a totally custom texture set by the time I've finished it.
But you can never run out of ways to improve things. I would just release things once a reasonable amount is completed, and update them in the future once enough new content is added or things are updated.

Let me rephrase: I don't release things until I run out of ways that I personally am capable of improving it. I'm still a stickler about the quality of content I put out.

Last edited:
Some palette shenanigans:
ttqkTC7.png

For comparison:
PPiXMnp.png

Threw some new geometry together and it's surprisingly nice so far. Don't expect Act 2 anytime soon, but know it's being worked on.
chjLnsr.png

Update post? Update post.

In the eleven months that have passed since I last posted here, a small bit of progress on my maps has happened. Most of you know by now that I'm partnering up with TehRealSalt to get these maps made. I am planning on creating custom enemies and more custom textures as I see fit. Here's what Aurora Atoll looks like now, for example:
WebbedBonyKodiakbear.gif

While it isn't a huge difference, it's a sign of things to come. (At some point, I still have to make new palm trees, grumble grumble.)

Additionally, as of Christmas Eve 2016, I am now an official SRB2 developer. While this doesn't mean AAZ is getting into vanilla, it does mean that I will have a hand in bits and pieces of 2.2 level design, as well as visual and musical influence. (No, none of my existing music looks like it's getting into the game at this point. :P) It's a very exciting thing to be making official content for the game, as I've been playing on and off for something like ten years now. I'm stoked to work with the people I've looked up to for so long, and I don't intend to disappoint them (or anyone else for that matter).

Updates from here on out will likely be small and infrequent, as I really should be spending the bulk of my efforts on 2.2, but I'll certainly try to have something new to show off in a few months or so.

As for the prospect of releasing any new or updated content, I'm currently converting all my existing maps to work in 2.2. To clarify: At the moment, I am not planning to release any new maps until well after the release of 2.2. Of course, at the rate work was going before I got Salt on board, that was going to be the case anyway. :P

Thanks for your support, and please feel free to leave suggestions as to what AAZ2 should be like. I have some gimmicks planned, but I'm not really sure what to do with 'em yet.

Sev out.

Last edited:
That sunshine texture almost makes me want low thok barriers around the map. (Not that you should actually have them because of a texture) I'm interested to see more even without knowing much about the gameplay.

srb20235.gif
Tried some Lua today. It's my first script that actually does something and doesn't break!

I'm loving the use of simple geometric shapes on that palm tree! ;) Super like the classic sonic games :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back