• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bomberman Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Yep, first wad. I probably shouldn't have started it, as I already have too many projects on my hands, but I didn't want to put this idea to waste. =P

So, the title of this probably tells you what this will be about: a set of Bomberman wads. This is nowhere near completion - in fact, I just started - but I wanted to get a few things adjusted before I move on in making more sprites.

Here's what I'm planning on putting in the set:
Shirobon: The white bomber. Being worked on first. Will use the "Bombercopter" from Bomberman Hero for the flying ability.
Kirobon: The black bomber. Will be editted off of Shirobon for the purpose of color customization in multiplayer games.
Sirius: From Bomberman 64. Still thinking of an ability.
Super Bomberman icons: Icons from Super Bomberman to replace the pictures in item boxes.

Although it probably isn't a good idea to announce a wad just when it's started, I wanted suggestions before working on more sprites; if I announced it later, and there was something totally wrong, I'd have to redo all of those sprites to get it right. Probably.
So, here's the current spritesheet of Shirobon:
bomberman.gif

So, uh, suggestions, anyone?

Hey, looks pretty good! I liked the bomberman games before they turned stupid(bomberman gamecube games, DS one was good though). Also do Lilith from Bomberman 64:2nd attack :P

KingofFlames said:
Hey, looks pretty good! I liked the bomberman games before they turned stupid(bomberman gamecube games, DS one was good though). Also do Lilith from Bomberman 64:2nd attack :P
Well, I don't have the 2nd Attack, so I'll have to either buy it or borrow it off of my friend first. So, expect a little waiting for that. XP

Update!

Well, I haven't been working on this much, so I only got seven sprites finished, and they were pretty easy. I had a little trouble with the copter blades, but I think I got it down well. So, yeah. Updated the percentages as well, so hopefully it'll be as accurate as possible.

Heh, pretty neat looking. Not that I have a clue what bomberman is or anything.
Bomberman is an action-puzzle game (I think. Just agreeing with Spazzo here. XP) where you blow up other enemies and stuff. Single player is normally okay, but it's nothing compared to the multiplayer mode. In multiplayer, you and three other bombers have to blow each other up in order to be the last on standing. There's a whole assortment of items hidden in the burstable rocks, and helps to make the game all the more frantic. It's more fun than it sounds. Mainly because I don't know how to make it sound any better. =P I'd personally suggest getting Super Bomberman 2 for the SNES, if possible.
this would actually be good in shuff's zelda mod
O rly? Haven't played it. Probably should some time.

Zanyhead said:
Looks like a good skin ,but what's with the propeller?
That'd be the bomber copter, which appeared in Bomberman Hero. He'll be using that for a flying ability.
Shuffle said:
These sprites look pretty good, hopefully you'll finish it soon.
I plan on it. Unfortunately, I'm going somewhere for a week or so, so that'll slow me down. That's why I'm trying to get as many sprites as possible done today to serve for my absence. I might make an update later on today or tomorrow depending on the circumstances.

Actually, I was told Saturn Bomberman was the series' peak...

Anyway, I like, but the propeller - as it is now - needs some work. Maybe extend some color outward like some kind of faux blur, while making the twirl significantly bigger. I suppose a good way of explaining this is to look at sprites from Earthworm Jim, when Jim moves his appendages really quickly - there's usually an oddly-shaped afterimage showing the motion. That's what I'm gettin' at...

Yeah, I was having a little rough of a time in the propeller, so it may have come out a little odd. I'll try and fix that, though.

Update!

Well, I haven't been working on this much, so I can't say I've been progressful. However, Mikel93 has decided to help me out with the sprites. So, that should help with the updates.

Just though you should know. :P

EDIT: Alright, updated the whole thing. Uh, don't mind the new front sprites, they're unfinished. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back