• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(WIP) Green Greens Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, this is ment to be a first co-op level project with atleast semi-good level design (well, thats what I think I'm aiming for but I'm doing some things at my bestest.)

Frozen Factory (sounds better) is being made.

OK. I may add holes into the grass in Green Greens like Pipe Towers... I hope that may make you happy?

Anyway, Frozen Factory has started development...first act...
srb20086_zps117d716d.png

srb20088_zps7f08ff54.png

srb20087_zpsd0d078f3.png

I like these screenshot's, I'm anticipating the release. Well, for Frozen Fortress, Green Hill is alright.
Green Greens*
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Who said I can't skybox?
srb20091_zps81dd253b.png

Credit to SSX. (SUPER SONIC X)

OK. I may add holes into the grass in Green Greens like Pipe Towers... I hope that may make you happy?

Anyway, Frozen Factory has started development...first act...
*screenies*

If I may make a suggestion, using XMas textures extensively like that isn't a good idea. It's a total eye-sore, and doesn't look like any object in particular, making it blander than it already is. (I know it's just recolored THZ walls, but THZ walls at least looked like ceramic.)

Try focusing more on actual steel, and maybe use the existing ice/ BMZ textures more often.

I can't really say anything on the level design, but it looks like "hallways with enemies" from the screenshots, you might want to avoid that. You can make large rooms that require platforming challenges, or just hallways that actually have things that hinder your progress, you decide.

Green Greens*
Who said I can't skybox?
srb20091_zps81dd253b.png

Credit to SSX. (SUPER SONIC X)

That skybox is really really bland. It almost looks like as if it's just a normal sky. Maybe create some objects or structures not on the edge of the skybox to add some depth to it.

Alright gonna throw in my review of those screenshots~
As for the Green Greens Zone, I firstly thought that was about Kirby X)
Anyways, the level has evoled since the screenshots, and I have to say this is pretty decent, but you shouldn't leave an empty space with all that water, you should cover the whole area with something, I mean the water can actually be a part of the level if you miss platforming sections, instead of just dying. Also the level looks pretty linear, try to add some "curves" sometimes, it looks like a Modern level from Generations where you just have to press forward to finish it.

As for the Skybox, it looks pretty neat, but should be a little more round shapped, like vanilla ones, it shouldn't be too round too, I think with some tests, you can end with a magnifiscent skybox, also don't forget to align textures.

For Frozen Factory (soniclostworldslel) the screenshots we have make the level feel like very linear and compressed, as for the texture, you should try to diversify them, I had my experience of not doing this with Mud Mines, and this was an eye-shore in software...
Else, it looks really good, and I am hyped to see what you guys can do, I wish ya luck!

UPDATE: Just Frozen Factory

RE:Green Greens - I really like the Skybox how it is, so I'm not gonna edit it.
I touched up Frozen Factory with some actual factoriness. Added things in the walls and even a small factory/base/metal home/whatever.
It was going to be a GIF this time, but it didn't work.
srb20095_zps92d304e0.png

srb20096_zps25011c16.png

srb20097_zpsba26843d.png

Last edited:
Someone should take those wall-textures from Frozen Factory Zone and de-saturate/darken them a bit. At least doing that would make them less of an eye-sore. Even better, create your own textures or, as someone up there said, use more steel and less ice.

Aside of that, I'll be expecting more of this~

You're gonna take names from different games such those two names from two certain games? Besides that, Good progress.

I know that Green Greens and Frozen Factory are already from games.
Hazard made up the Green Greens name.
Frozen Factory was firstly gonna be Frozen Fortress but then Hazard said it wrong, and I liked how he said it better.

Hazard made up the Green Greens name.

Green Greens, though. There's no way I and many others cannot think of Kirby with the name of Green Greens. Any other word that isn't Greens would do. Valley, Plains, Meadows...

Frozen Factory was firstly gonna be Frozen Fortress but then Hazard said it wrong, and I liked how he said it better.
Why not Frozen Facility? Better yet, drop frozen entirely and replace it with a different word, like frigid. There's so much potential for zone names that it kinda hurts to see people just take up basic names. I think of zone names all the time for levels I will never be able to make (rip Noir Boardwalk Zone), and it's offputting to see little to no effort with zone names by those who do make them.

I'm probably just whining, but really. really.

If I was to give any criticism I would say that the level design needs an overhaul. It looks bland and completely lifeless. Give your environments more style to them.

Update incoming : We are no longer going to post anything for this WIP on the SRB2MB. Admins, please lock this thread, because, as we said before, we are no longer going to post anything about this on the MB.

Update incoming : We are no longer going to post anything for this WIP on the SRB2MB. Admins, please lock this thread, because, as we said before, we are no longer going to post anything about this on the MB.

I'm just going to tell you straight up: That's a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back