• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help with the SOC editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFireTheHedgeHo

The Uncontrollable Flame
Hi. How are you? How was your day?
Now enough with the formalities.
I need help with the soc editor, I was just minding my business following the wiki on how to make socs.
When the Wiki says to go into things and choose M1_BlueCrawla or whatever it is, I Click EDIT THINGS and the whole soc editor stops responding and crashes.
It happens every time, So I would like to know if there is any way to fix this or to make SOCs easier and more convenient

You need to properly set up the source code first. Run SRB2Src.exe, and it'll create a bunch of folders. Then, everytime you run SOCEdit you'll need to select the folder named "src" in the box on the left labled 'Path to SRB2 source code'

You need to properly set up the source code first. Run SRB2Src.exe, and it'll create a bunch of folders. Then, everytime you run SOCEdit you'll need to select the folder named "src" in the box on the left labled 'Path to SRB2 source code'

Did all that, Srb2Src.exe isnt in my srb2 folder for some reason, i never got it with the DL..

Then just reDL an extra copy somewhere else and copy the SRB2Src.exe only to your current SRB2 and delete the rest of the new content you downloaded. It's an extractor, you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back