mt_Srb2City.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh... the only way this map will become a hangout is if the people who play it make it into a hangout. Even SA City can be played as a match map. Stop complaining to the mapper just because you think it "looks" like a "hangout."

Play the map the way it was designed...

Jazz said:
Sigh... the only way this map will become a hangout is if the people who play it make it into a hangout. Even SA City can be played as a match map. Stop complaining to the mapper just because you think it "looks" like a "hangout."

Play the map the way it was designed...
I agree with this intelligent sophisticated human. Just play it the way it was designed..

Wow, thats the first time I've ever been called intelligent, sophisticated or... human. *shot*

Seriously, thanks! :)

Segmint said:
Looks nice, but screams,

Hangout ololol

I've been in two netgames with it, once in tag and once in match. There wasn't any hanging out involved.

You can disable the time limit in match...

However, as this is a match map, there is absolutely no point in playing it in single player...

every game ends after 5 minutes even if the time limit is disabled. this guy's first one was a match map, too, and it was also playable in single player

For one, you can set timelimit to 0 and pointlimit to 0 to make it last forever.
Second, why would you want to play it in single player? There's no exit.

well, the maker's first level, The Field of Dreams was a match area, it had no exit, and it was for 1P and Multiplayer. So, why not this one?

There's absolutely no point in playing co-op/single player on a map with no exit. It's considered playing a "hangout" server and isn't allowed on the master server.

dude i love this stage! I play on it for match,tag,hidenseek,and even though rp usually sux, this map actually makes it fun! i really like that cool gate to the military base thing. here's some ways that you can add to it though

1. maybe make a training area in the military place that spawns enemies when you hit a button
2. make the glass in the store breakable, but when you steal from it, you get trapped and enemies spawn and if you kill them all you can escape :twisted:
3.change the people in the level so their not all the same color for a character like sonic is grey everywhere which is really my only real problem with it, make a red sonic or maybe beige you know what i mean i hope
4. make more people in the level

thats it, but please if and when you add to the level make a download link to a place other than supersanctuary it sends me to a crappy website about sandals or something...... thanks! :D

[quote="AdamTheHedgehog]well, the maker's first level, The Field of Dreams was a match area, it had no exit, and it was for 1P and Multiplayer. So, why not this one?[/quote]

That's cos I forget to change headers

sonicx927 said:
dude i love this stage! I play on it for match,tag,hidenseek,and even though rp usually sux, this map actually makes it fun! i really like that cool gate to the military base thing. here's some ways that you can add to it though

1. maybe make a training area in the military place that spawns enemies when you hit a button
2. make the glass in the store breakable, but when you steal from it, you get trapped and enemies spawn and if you kill them all you can escape :twisted:
3.change the people in the level so their not all the same color for a character like sonic is grey everywhere which is really my only real problem with it, make a red sonic or maybe beige you know what i mean i hope
4. make more people in the level

thats it, but please if and when you add to the level make a download link to a place other than supersanctuary it sends me to a ----- website about sandals or something...... thanks! :D
Agreed. The 2nd is a awsome idea. Before, remember when we were trying to get the chaos emeralds? Also near the parking lot near the checkin, the 2nd place of the parking lot, Reserved was mixed up. Is that a secret to getting the chaos emeralds? Im just guessing though.

Well, to answer most of your queries and mention some other stuff:

Adam the hedgehog: A header is a piece of information that names the level, sets the weather and sets modes that the level is playable in, among other things.

Hangout Ololers: I have voiced my opinion on this multiple times, and I think that you are percieving it so because of JTE's SA - CITY. This wad was originally thought of after playing Runite City and that was the only reference. Further information in regards to design may be found below

Ninja the hedgehog: The reason for the reversal on the reserved is because there was a point that this was going to be part of a levelpack, with a single player wad being the main 'hub', and match mode being a feature of the area. If you look at the wad in an editor or use objectplace, you'll see that the areas claimed to be closed for war are drawn, with 3 rooms per wing.
The rooms were planned to be:

Campaign: Main Single Player missions.
Tutorial: Tutorial Levels for new players.
Skirmish: This Wad
Dodge: Dodge lasers for a set time to complete
Flag: A ctf variation, with an additional military base
And I can't remember the others. I'll EDIT them in later.

EDIT:
Sorry, had to leave in a flash. The Parking space was going to be a secret entrance after the standard campaign was completed.

But after some problems involving custom exits, the idea was scrapped, not likely to return.

Another thing you can do to add to the breakable glass suggestion is that after you escape after stealing everyone is looking for you and you have to avoid them until they presume you are dead but if they find you then they send a bunch of badniks after you and you have to defeat them and if you do then you can escape and continue avoiding the police until you are presumed dead or after they see you can kill everone in the city but if you fail to defeat the badniks then instead of dieing then you get locked in the place that always says "closed for war" and you lose everything you stole and you have to remained locked up for a sertain amount of time until they decide to let you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back