SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 05-09-2010   #61
Autosaver

They did change how PC's work. They even made Towns more "circular" 3Dish.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #62
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
They did change how PC's work. They even made Towns more "circular" 3Dish.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean the starter types should be changed too.

In my opinion, I don't think a Dark Psychic Fighting starter trio would work as well; after all, Dark is immune to Psychic, rather than Psychic being just not-very-effective against Dark. You don't get immunities between the classic Grass Fire Water starter type trio.

What next? Pokemon that evolve more than twice? Legendaries that evolve? D=
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #63
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
See, personally I would find THAT interesting if done really rarely. Having a few 4 stage evolutions could be quite interesting, or perhaps have something similar to Eevee only with a 3 stage evolution path.

Changing the starter balance would be less interesting. Fighting/Dark/Psychic isn't balanced at all because Psychic gets the shaft. I do kinda have a problem with how the balance keeps going towards the water starter now that they learn ice moves by level up. At least force them to buy the Blizzard TM or something =P
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #64
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Yeah, but that doesn't mean the starter types should be changed too.

In my opinion, I don't think a Dark Psychic Fighting starter trio would work as well; after all, Dark is immune to Psychic, rather than Psychic being just not-very-effective against Dark. You don't get immunities between the classic Grass Fire Water starter type trio.

Yeah, I know. But I swear I read an article that they are changing quite a few things. Thus, many people though "Change the starters?"
Quote:
. At least force them to buy the Blizzard TM or something
If only the latest games didn't spoonfeed you money.

The only game I had trouble with money was Firered.
Old 05-10-2010   #65
Pokechar2
Uses account "SpectrumUK"

One possible balanced set of starter types would be Flying, Fighting and Rock. I think it would be interesting if the fully evolved starters had a secondary type triangle in the opposite direction to thier primary type triangle. For example, Fire/Fighting, Grass/ Flying and Water/Rock Pokémon. These already exist in the games, but not as starter evolutions.

Edit: Fire/Fighting already exists as a starter evolution, but Grass/Flying and Water/Rock don't.

Last edited by Pokechar2; 05-10-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Fire/Fighting starter does exist
Pokechar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #66
Autosaver

Piplup has Water/Steel has a final form IIRC...

So grass no longer has effect on the triangle.
Old 05-11-2010   #67
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

What would be interesting is if they made all three starters able to reverse the triangle. Grass/Ground, Fire/Electric, Water/Ice. All three are super-effective versus both the others.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #68
Sun

4th Gen already reversed the triangle somewhat; Torterra(Ground) > Infernape(Fighting) > Empleon(Ice attacks on x4 weakness) > Torterra. However, Infernape still probably beats both unless Torterra happens to pack some HP and Special Defense EVs.
Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #69
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Now we can see what the starters actually look like!

Also, the protagonists in Black/White are apparently older than they've been in the versions before, according to the CoroCoro magazine Serebii mentions in its news section.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #70
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Well, did this in an hour and a half. Just some sprites from those pics that aren't jpg'd and impossible to edit. The shiny one is mine, I did it for testing if it worked. Use them if you want. I don't mind.
I'll wait for people to start saying they're crap and anyone could've done it. But people haven't done it yet soooo...

Last edited by Violo; 05-15-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #71
Autosaver

They're actually pretty nice.
Old 05-15-2010   #72
XAlted
What in the hell?

I always Imagined it being white-gray with a light blue color where he's red in the original. Though they do look nice.

But God damn, the grass starter is the most badass thing I've seen in a while. Definitely gonna be my starter Pokemon.
Old 05-15-2010   #73
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlted View Post
I always Imagined it being white-gray with a light blue color where he's red in the original. Though they do look nice.
Like I said, my Shiny was just a test thing. You can mess around with the colours and see what you come up with. Also, I just tested what that would look like, and to me, it looked a bit strange. :\
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #74
Autosaver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2QG0Ibob44
Holy crap! Animated battles!
Quote:
pokémon black & white - battle system clarification
pokémon sunday has just aired and has shown that the battle system is as adaptive as we predicted. In battle, in a variety of instances, the camera will move around and zoom in/out as the situation dictates. In addition to that, as seen in screenshots, the sprites are animated so the battles are not going to be as static as they have been the last fourteen years. These animations take place when attacking and while waiting for the moves to be selected and not just when the pokémon is put into battle. Click the picture to go to our black & white section which contains all the information we know.
Pokémon sunday also showed footage of the market of hiun city. In this area, lots of people are walking and moving around, some of them running. Several of them will speak while you walk through and others will walk around you as you're walking through the city. This shows further interactivity than before and shows the true scale of the isshu region and hiun city

This is what Diamond and onforward should of had. Fully animated battles, full 3D worlds, etc.
Holy crap. Black and White is actually making a big step.
Quote:
Holy **** you can push people out of the way when you run!

Last edited by Autosaver; 05-15-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2010   #75
XAlted
What in the hell?

*Drools*

A Kickass Grass Starter, and animated battles? Yes, please.
Old 05-16-2010   #76
Autosaver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdVZMfXKR0

Holy crap, look at the city.
People are actually walking past you, and not the same 10 ones. Its like being in China, linear streets with markets on the side. Lots of people running past you and being pushed off to the side.
Old 05-16-2010   #77
BlueZero4

I'm hurt. They just run through the same cycle over and over again, varying the cycle slightly during an attack. I mean, that's what they did in the 3D games too, but at least the 3D games had separate attack animations.
Old 05-16-2010   #78
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlted View Post
*Drools*

A Kickass Grass Starter, and animated battles? Yes, please.
Second that.

It looks like Black & White might look decent after all. I will be interested in the Gym & E4 types. Something like a Dark type gym or a Electric type E4. Psychic is a bit overused IMO for the E4.
Old 05-16-2010   #79
BlazingPhoenix
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I do believe I'm sold on this now. :D
BlazingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010   #80
Virt
Trollerskates

Oh. My. Gosh. This game will be AWESOME!!!