SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 03-27-2010   #41
Autosaver

Not really, Blu-Rays aren't just about space.

They are also in better quality. They are also scratchless.
I'm going to be-quiet before we get into a Blu-Ray debate. XD
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #42
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
They are also in better quality.
Due to more space...

Oh, and they're scratch resistant, nothing is scratchless completely. They can be scratched quite easily still.

Regardless, the format war is futile, because the ultimate storage device for movies, your hard drive, was invented years ago and can store over 40x more data than the average Blu-ray (25-50gb~).

He makes a fair point though, Autosaver, it's not an instantaneous thing.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.

Last edited by Cue; 03-27-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #43
Autosaver

I guess.

I would rather wait to get the lite version. I am a little mad that I didn't wait for the XL. If I knew it was coming out, I wouldn't get the normal version.
Old 03-27-2010   #44
Penopat
dispenser erection

I guess this depends on if it's a literal new system (snes to n64) or a arbitrary minor upgrade (Genesis to 32x, DS to DSi). There was a time when releasing too many "upgrades" and too quickly jumping around caused game companies to lose support...

I guess the difference here is that the handheld market's pace is much too slow rather than much too fast; we are overdue in almost all game markets right now for a true generational upgrade. Will this "new system" deprecate most of the DSi(s) purchased? If the 3DS does, it better be a very, very big jump from the DSi to justify it, and no one is going to feel ripped off. If the 3DS doesn't, then Nintendo can feel free to milk things some more and get people even more annoyed :)
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Penopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #45
Autosaver

Remember what I said, the DS3D will have next gen visuals. (Not HD.. but you know)

So I don't think anyone is going to feel ripped off it is going to be a huge upgrade. The DSi wasn't that big of an upgrade. But it did give DD support. It also has better specs compared to the normal DS.

But the specs of the DSi won't be used. We haven't seen a single DSi game in the US. The only game that takes advantage of the DSi is Sonic Classic Collection. If played on the DSi, it'll take advantage of the more advanced specs. Making the game play MUCH smoother. But that is like... the only game. The DD part of the DSi is used. But its just filled with gameboy ports, apps, and 5 minute games.
Old 03-28-2010   #46
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Now for the next questions, Will it be backwards compatiable with DSi downloadable games and if not, does Nintendo have PR control on Standby?
Old 03-28-2010   #47
ZeldaGamer00
That guy who does things

When I last checked, the only way to make a game DSi exclusive was to put it up on the DSi shop.
ZeldaGamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #48
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaGamer00 View Post
When I last checked, the only way to make a game DSi exclusive was to put it up on the DSi shop.
That's may be incorrect. From what I've heard, there has been one DSi in-box game coming out in Japan, or was that a rumor?
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #49
Autosaver

That is true.

There is a DSi game thats sold for retail in Japan.

Quote:
"Based on what I've heard about the 3DS specs, I think it will be the best handheld system to date. To be honest, I think the 3D aspect of the console is just the icing on what is already an extremely powerful system. I expect the 3DS to have the graphical power of a GameCube, plus all of the other delights such as two screens, rumble, motion control, wi-fi, and an analog stick. The 3D feature is wonderful, for sure, but it will only be appropriate for certain things. (Nintendo) produces the best handheld systems, (and it will) deliver a platform worthy of a successor to the Nintendo DSi. (I am) very interested in developing for the 3DS." - Jools Watsham, Renegade Kid
Stop hyping me!

Last edited by Autosaver; 03-28-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2010   #50
Chengi
I like your attitude!

This all seems like an April fool, like someone else said. And if it isn't, I'm thinking it'll be like the virtual boy, unless they actually put it to good use. If not, the quality will bring it down.
Steam
Twitter
Chengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #51
Autosaver

LOL, pretty sure this is April Fools. :/

It isn't, and pokemon developers already said they have the dev kits.
Old 03-30-2010   #52
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Why do I feel like I'm being Sega'd by Nintendo?
Old 03-30-2010   #53
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

I'm excited about this...but only because I've still got my original DS. If I owned one of the newer models, I think I'd feel more than a tad irked that Nintendo is releasing YET ANOTHER upgrade. I mean, first it was DS, then DS Lite, then DSi, then some other kind of DSi, now the DSiXL, and later the 3DS? Even if this is truly next-gen, rather than another DS upgrade, it's kind of anticlimactic after all these new DS models. I'm annoyed when a company takes too long before releasing an upgrade, but it also seems pretty damn annoying when Nintendo is releasing an upgrade every week.

There's a simple reason I've never upgraded from my original, dinosaur, bulky, fat, vanilla DS: I didn't appreciate the canning of the GBA slot. How am I supposed to play Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga--one of the best games ever made, in my opinion--on a DS without a GBA slot? I'm sorry, but some GBA games are too immortal for their technology to be phased out of backwards compatibility.

That said, this sounds tempting.

Last edited by Fawfulfan; 03-30-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #54
Autosaver

Its not an upgrade.. for the last time... -_-

If DS3D was called something else, no one would be fussing.
Old 03-30-2010   #55
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Again, this is a next-gen system. Not DS model number 5.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #56
Sky The Destroyer

How can it be April Fools if its not April...?
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #57
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET

March 31 to be exact. But I still won't see this as a "next-gen" handheld until I see screens of in-game graphics on par with the GameCube or Wii(which is basically a GameCube with a Bluetooth dongle and NIC bolted on).
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #58
Autosaver

The PSP has already done gamecube visuals.

It would be embarrassing if the PSP had HD and the DS still had N64 graphics.
Old 04-01-2010   #59
Yugi2

Looks like it'll be a complete clusterfuck to me, but I'll see how it pans out in the end. Might get it when I have the $ and if it's not a hoax.
Doesn't it seem a little ironic?
Yugi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #60
luis90
Lurking as you read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
The PSP has already done gamecube visuals.
Hmm? Are we talking about gameplay or pre-rendered graphics here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugi2 View Post
Looks like it'll be a complete clusterfuck to me, but I'll see how it pans out in the end. Might get it when I have the $ and if it's not a hoax.
I agree, personally I think the market will become oversaturated with the 3DS and variants, and the market will become stagnant for a while.