SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 10-09-2009   #101
Kyasarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicfreak94 View Post
... THE SUPER VIRUS ISN'T SCARY. I'm just gonna stop here. >_>
I don't see how you can even bother arguing with someone over whether or not something is scary or not. I do think they're exaggerating, though.
Old 10-10-2009   #102
Sky The Destroyer

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Last edited by Sky The Destroyer; 04-26-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Meow Mix
Old 10-10-2009   #103
Eggmanfan

We Shall. I love this mod I think I mght get a good net game in with this.

Off topic: 1.09.4a charcters may not work with 2.00.0 but m screen shots proove 1.08 shure does :D
Old 10-31-2009   #104
Goddratini

Not sure if this is a bug, but every time I join a MFE serv, I have to wait till the next map change to join. I looked very closely at the 6 pages and the release to see if this has been already reported/mentioned.
Old 11-23-2009   #105
Fred
Retired

This is a weird bug, and I think it's related to your "ERZ3 scales instantly" fix. If you pick any normal level from the level select, then pick ERZ3, your action speed won't be scaled down, meaning that when you thok you basically just fly out of the arena. If you're already in ERZ3 and pick ERZ3 from the level select again, it goes back to normal.
Old 12-01-2009   #106
speedy fox
SRB2 red team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddratini View Post
Not sure if this is a bug, but every time I join a MFE serv, I have to wait till the next map change to join. I looked very closely at the 6 pages and the release to see if this has been already reported/mentioned.
Yeah, I got that alot too. I was playing with my bro earlier, and I had to keep asking him to restart the level so that I can play. Otherwise, I highly recommend this for everyone playing SRB2.
Old 12-06-2009   #107
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Does this mod handle the holidays the way SRB2JTE did, or not at all?
Old 12-06-2009   #108
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Does this mod handle the holidays the way SRB2JTE did, or not at all?
Seeing as how this is a bugfix mod and not the second SRB2JTE, one can safely assume "not at all".
Old 12-07-2009   #109
SML
I fail at programming.

One question, does this have (mostly) everything Srb2JTE had. Also, If ya don't keep SA City, the very least you could do is make something better :D
Searching for a good map editor, if you can find a no-installation one that's comparable to SRB2 Doom Builder, please send me teh link!
Old 12-07-2009   #110
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb23658 View Post
One question, does this have (mostly) everything Srb2JTE had.
You could try to read the description given by JTE or even look at the post I made before you, and you would know. Just because this is made by the same person, that doesn't mean it's got anything to do with each other.
Old 12-11-2009   #111
SML
I fail at programming.

Even if this isn't SRB2JTE, I still think you should add bots. (Siding with eggmanfan) For one, they can help when people are bored and there are no servers online. All they'd have to do is start up a race or match or even CTF game, and they could add bots to play too. Bots would also be conveinent against Brak Eggman. (I haven't beat him yet. On an occasion I almost have, but fater he destroys the middle platform, I'm basically doomed.)
Searching for a good map editor, if you can find a no-installation one that's comparable to SRB2 Doom Builder, please send me teh link!
Old 12-11-2009   #112
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

srb2randomnumbers, that's not what this mod is about. This is about fixing bugs in the game, not adding insane features.
Old 12-11-2009   #113
SML
I fail at programming.

*facepalm* Whatever... I'll just end up pestering you guys for bot support until it happens.

EDIT: And I would like it if, instead of using srb2randomnumbers, at the least call me SML. I would like it if I could change my name to it, but I can't. >.>
Old 12-11-2009   #114
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
*facepalm* Whatever... I'll just end up pestering you guys for bot support until it happens
Then you're going to be pestering us until we get tired of you and ban you, because we're not going to be adding bot support; it's an absurdly hard challenge to make working, non-idiotic bots in SRB2.
Old 12-11-2009   #115
SML
I fail at programming.

I do believe I know someone who might be able to help with that, but I can't remember at the moment, and there's always the chance that he doesn't actually know C++ but C# instead. >_>

EDIT: Besides, you can always implement the JTE bots and improve on them enough to AT LEAST be smart enough to play match and CTF games non-noobishly.

Last edited by SML; 12-11-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Otherwise, they are like normal players.
Old 12-11-2009   #116
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

That is where you are massively, massively wrong. The bots in JTE do not actually recognize the terrain of the stage, and simply use straight lines to navigate the stage. The bots in JTE would be unable to do something as basic as navigating the level layout in even the simplest of match stages, like Sapphire Falls. JTE's match bots sorta work in 1.X because the levels are simpler, but in 2.X we've made match exceptionally more complicated with some incredibly complex level architecture, and a simple bot with no knowledge of the level layout simply cannot navigate such a thing.

Improving the bots to be able to play match even at a basic level would require completely rewriting them so they're actually navigating the level. This is MUCH harder than you seem to think it is.
Old 12-11-2009   #117
SML
I fail at programming.

You got a point there.
Old 01-22-2010   #118
waver

I'll download it. But one sighting of Super virus Blast and I'm Deleting it off my computer faster than Shadic can Fly. That's the only Super virus that is annoy. P.S. I dispise That kind of suprises on games.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicfreak94 View Post
... THE SUPER VIRUS ISN'T SCARY. I'm just gonna stop here. >_>
You're right .... But here's the reason people say it is.The Red tinted JTE and the dark voice.
Old 01-24-2010   #119
Puppyfaic

Relax, I ran the exe tons of times. there is no SVB2 on there.
Old 01-24-2010   #120
Sky The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirblord23 View Post
Relax, I ran the exe tons of times. there is no SVB2 on there.
Yeah. There isn't any Super Virus on the EXE.

Last edited by Sky The Destroyer; 04-26-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Meow Mix