Pointless, but makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

What is it and everyone saying "Recolors suck" "nobody plays them"

But what I can see here, is that some people make recolors for a many good reasons

1. Recoloring is easier on a computer
2. If I could make a wad for every non recolor hand drawn I had, I would've made 10 wads
3. Some people might not be very good spriters like Other People that are out there
4. some people might not have as good of imaganation as you non recolor people
5. We recolor people could add some socs that are better than other non recolors that aren't thing like unlimited invincible, speed shoes, breath
6. Plenty more........

now Shall I continue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm gonna be nice and dignify this with a response.

Because it's true.

But what I can see here, is that some people make recolors for a many good reasons

Not really. Anything has a good reason if you try to justify it. Look at Al Queda. :P

Running is easier naked. Who cares? Not making SRB2 would have been easirt on Sonic Team Jr.'s lives. Ignoring this topic would be easy on my fingers.

2. If I could make a wad for every non recolor hand drawn I had, I would've made 10 wads

So go do that. Might I suggest investing in a drawing pad?

3. Some people might not be very good spriters like Other People that are out there

If you can't sprite, then don't. If you can't program, don't program. Stick to what you're good at.

We can see that... we addressed this.

5. We recolor people could add some socs that are better than other non recolors that aren't things like unlimited invincible, speed shoes, breath

LOL

6. Plenty more........

Not really.

now Shall I continue?

Please don't.

Fine, make a recolor if it makes you feel good. You can get off to making a wad, but nobody is going to play it. Really, recolors are usually either A) Never finished or B) So completely pointless that the creator, and the creator ONLY will use it.
Edit: Also, why do you even want to MAKE a character if you don't want to bother putting a little effort into it? If you aren't artistic, don't fucking make a character, make a level or something!

Actually I have some people who will play my recolor ^_^

What, once or twice before they forget about it and start playing as STK again?
Edit: Also, why do you even want to MAKE a character if you don't want to bother putting a little effort into it? If you aren't artistic, don't fucking make a character, make a level or something!

Shuffle said:
What, once or twice before they forget about it and start playing as STK again?
Edit: Also, why do you even want to MAKE a character if you don't want to bother putting a little effort into it? If you aren't artistic, don't **** make a character, make a level or something!

Good Idea, It's much simpler than making a character :roll:

It is if you're not artistic. Level wads aren't terribly complicated, it just takes a little reading to figure out what you're doing.

People get further with levels than characters. Go into the editing section and see how many "my new character"s make it passed page 3 before "I quit".. :wink:

Unlike characters, remaking levels isn't frowned upon. (Unless you cheaply edit someone else's hard work.) It's encouraged in most cases.

That one 2D remake of GFZ1 was really neat. It's too bad the camera was too darn close and Sonic was too fast for it to even be any fun. :(

0.0............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................
I have never seen a pointless topic go unlocked

Where's the nearest insane place to lock up insane people

Shuffle said:
That one 2D remake of GFZ1 was really neat. It's too bad the camera was too darn close and Sonic was too fast for it to even be any fun. :(

Isn't that where "better2dmode" comes in?

EDIT: Was there really a need for that spamage of dots?

It would be, but that remake wasn't technically 2D. It was in 3D mode with a fixed camera, done so you could move along the Y axis.

Then those people shouldn't be in the business of making character wads. If you can't draw and you don't have creativity, making characters isn't the right path for you. For example: I'm TERRIBLE at drawing, and I think my avatar points that out. That's why I chose not to make character wads, and instead focus mainly on levels and a little on SOCs.
5. We recolor people could add some socs that are better than other non recolors that aren't things like unlimited invincible, speed shoes, breath
Except you never do. You always just copy off of Shadow or another Sonic recolor.

If your not good at it...don't do it...alot of times that isn't the way...but here it is

I can not draw for my LIFE...so I make sprite comics

I can not make levels or characters...so I soc

I can't player newer Windows game...So I buy mac ones...

Get what I mean here?

Well, if you're banned, it's generally not a good idea to come back with a new account. That what we like to call "ban evasion", and it's very bad.

Flame Sonic said:

5. We recolor people could add some socs that are better than other non recolors that aren't thing like unlimited invincible, speed shoes, breath (dude....:lol:)
6. Plenty more........

now Shall I continue?
Oh wow guys he really got us.:roll:. Now I'm about to break it down.

1. I made a recolor once when I was young...and as soon as I made him I tossed him in the garbage.
2.Practice makes perfect...
3.If you draw on paper the edit them out on MSpaint(or any other art program) it will look very nice.
4.Look for some inspiration...
5.Um... Do you have a soc that we can check out....Oh you don't, really? Okay then.
6.Watch I'm going to make more.
7. If you can recolor you can make a non-recolor. You already have the colors set down. Just make the person.

Well ohnestly I do think that some recolors should never have been made.
Such as a recolor I got from a server last night, It's name was Sonic Master, or something like that. You might have heard of it but he is entirely greeen with a red energy around him and can't do anything but rapid thok. Everything else is like sonic, except he can't go super. But I do like a lot of recolors. Take SMS1.09.5. for instence, maybe a recolor but verry cool. But if we go to non recolors does sonicoverdrive.wad count? Looks like a regular sonic but with so many added abilities it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back