SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 11-14-2006   #61
Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBlitzz
Just because they released a game on a platform, doesn't mean that really had close relations. Also, Konami's relations with Nintendo go all the way back to the days of the NES. Not so with Sega.
True Konami's bound with Nintendo was very strong, but every since Sega dropped out of the consle race they have kind of goten closer with Nintendo. Also onic is this most wanted 3rd person character so I doubt the Sega would pass up the chance to have sonic in an excellent game.
PS. Another reason that snake is in SSBB os that he was requested to be in SSBM by Konami, but Nintendo was too far along to add a new
character and possibly themed levels for that character.
Camouflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #62
Shadow Hog

I can't source this, but I recall hearing that Naka and Miyamoto were pretty good friends, even when their companies were pretty heated rivals.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #63
JJames19119
Why did they remove Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBlitzz
Quote:
and good 'ole Shigeru Miyamoto wants to see him in.
I don't believe you. I need proof. Unless I'm not supposed to be taking you seriously...
Wikipedia anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia Entry
In August 2006, Sakurai and Shigeru Miyamoto stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character to be included. In the October 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, they expressed that they would like to see Sonic in the game, but to date nothing has been confirmed.
A huge amount of people would like to see Sonic in the game, even the developers themselves but whether or not he WILL appear is either being disputed or having a VERY tight lid kept on it...
Old 11-15-2006   #64
jojo777

Is Brawl going to be compatible with gamecube controllers?
jojo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #65
Bigboi

Yes.
Old 11-15-2006   #66
Super mystic sonic
The Golden Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo777
Even better, it doesn't even work with the normal wii remote! I love to see there's 1 game that goes back the old school way. Too bad they're gonna make Brawl a tiny bit slower then Super Smash Bros Melee.
Old 11-15-2006   #67
Shadow Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super mystic sonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo777
Even better, it doesn't even work with the normal wii remote!
Where the hell'd you get THAT? That couldn't be further from the truth.
Old 11-15-2006   #68
Super mystic sonic
The Golden Blur

It should only work with Wii classic controller or the Gamecube controller. Maybe some way it'll work with the wii remote, but officially Brawl is only for the Gamecube and Wii Classic controllers.
Old 11-15-2006   #69
G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan

Yea,thats right.
ChaosShadow,Heavy,Bomb,SonicCD,MovieTails,Spin,Clo ud and much more.
there is a Forum ,too.
G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #70
Shadow Hog

No, it's absolutely wrong. I distinctly remember them saying that it'd work with the normal Wii controller, because, face it, it'd be absolutely retarded business sense to do it any other way, since you'd be forcing people to buy extra crap that shouldn't be necessary. I know this isn't something Nintendo's innocent of (Crystal Chronicles, anyone?), but when they're advertising non-gamer-friendliness, they wouldn't be doing something entirely contrary to it.

The ONLY thing about the normal controller that Sakurai has mentioned is that motion-sensing likely won't be a major factor. That's it.

Seriously, where the HELL are you people getting this bullcrap?
Old 11-15-2006   #71
G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Seriously, where the HELL are you people getting this bullcrap?

From Nintendo :mrgreen:
ChaosShadow,Heavy,Bomb,SonicCD,MovieTails,Spin,Clo ud and much more.
there is a Forum ,too.
G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #72
Shadow Hog

Then cite EXACTLY where Nintendo said this. Saying "I heard" will not work - I need an actual article or press release.

Go on. I dare you.
Old 11-15-2006   #73
cronosonic

*Sigh*

You're a bit behind on news. The Wii Remote will NOT be used in normal SSBB gameplay, in favor of the Classic and GCN controllers. However, it's probable that it'll be used in mini-games.

You want proof? It's been known since e3, for Christ's sake.
Old 11-15-2006   #74
Shadow Hog

Not once in that entire article did they say that they wouldn't be using the Wii remote at all. You'll have to do better than that.
Old 11-15-2006   #75
Blitzzo
It's Mr. Computer!

That article talks about it not using much of the Wiimote's motion sensing. It never said anything about removing support for the device. You can still use the Wiimote to play Brawl.
Blitzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #76
Super mystic sonic
The Golden Blur

I think you can use the normal wii remote to do few basic things like doing attacks or special attacks, but the move sensor is not supported, neither the shape of the wii controller. As I said, there's probably some way you can use the wii controller with(Homerun contest, anyone?), but it can't be used properly in the main game.
Old 11-15-2006   #77
Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super mystic sonic
I think you can use the normal wii remote to do few basic things like doing attacks or special attacks, but the move sensor is not supported, neither the shape of the wii controller. As I said, there's probably some way you can use the wii controller with(Homerun contest, anyone?), but it can't be used properly in the main game.
Maybe for homerun contest or the menu, but other then that the classic or gamecube controllers are used.
Old 11-16-2006   #78
Shadow Hog

He's never once mentioned "the shape of the controller" - JUST the motion-sensing. Heck, I don't recall the Virtual Console controller being mentioned EVER. You're reading things that don't exist; jumping to conclusions that are completely false. For some reason, though, that's four people, now, who are. (At least FoxBlitzz sees what I'm seeing - thanks for the back-up).

In short, the standard Wii controller will work for the game just fine (provided you have a nunchuk) - it just won't have motion-sensing (because that wouldn't work in the context of the game, anyway). That's it. No more.
Old 11-16-2006   #79
JJames19119
Why did they remove Grey

Main controls used in the SSB series: Control Stick, A, B, Shoulder Triggers

What the Wiimote has: Control Stick (Provided by Nunchuk), A, B, Shoulder Trigger. (Though only one)

Any questions? No? Good. Stop saying the Wiimote isn't gonna be used because it's more than capable. :|
Old 11-16-2006   #80
Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
He's never once mentioned "the shape of the controller" - JUST the motion-sensing. Heck, I don't recall the Virtual Console controller being mentioned EVER. You're reading things that don't exist; jumping to conclusions that are completely false. For some reason, though, that's four people, now, who are. (At least FoxBlitzz sees what I'm seeing - thanks for the back-up).

In short, the standard Wii controller will work for the game just fine (provided you have a nunchuk) - it just won't have motion-sensing (because that wouldn't work in the context of the game, anyway). That's it. No more.
Nope, what I'm saying is true, I read Nintendo power and IGN.com, waaaaaaaay too much. The wiimote will work for the game I just won't be motion sensitive for the fighting modes.