SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 07-10-2014   #4401
TheDoctor

What should be implemented for that SkyNum purpose, is if you enter SkyNum in console without a variable, it should say what the default number for the map is.
Old 07-10-2014   #4402
BlasterGuy
A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580

Default Why were you thinking about 2.2.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choalover View Post
I got an idea for Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.9 or 2.2.0. I think you should make it where there can be more than one admin on a server.
Now wait a minute, why did you just mentioned about 2.2, that won't be out for a while. If we ever got a patch that comes after 2.1.9, it's probably going be 2.1.10. I don't know what it might be. But, 2.2 won't come out for a while. Hopefully, 2.2 will be in progress as soon as possible.

Last edited by BlasterGuy; 07-10-2014 at 10:20 PM.
BlasterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #4403
Puppyfaic

Why not change "Showmap" so that when you type it in, it displays the map's level header as one would write it in a lump editor?
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #4404
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

The skin color teal only has 5 colors ranging in it. This makes sprites with really small amounts of shading look terrible when using it. Changing up the colors used/adding more colors to that skin color would make it look tons better.

For instance, this star actually uses four different shades to change color with.

However, since teal has such a limited range of colors, it can only manage to get TWO of these shades. So now Jasper shoots crayon stars!
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #4405
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Don't worry, cyan/teal is fixed already.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #4406
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

It was Cyan that was broken in 2.0, but was fixed for 2.1.

...now for Teal, it isn't really "broken" more than just lacking in shades. This is not really an easy thing to fix as I have already discussed in 'fun.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #4407
Chimera
Your best friend

Honestly if we had a different way of defining which colors in the index we wanted to use per "color" that would be a hell of a lot better :V but that's a pipe dream I guess.
Old 07-21-2014   #4408
choalover
Default UDMF Support

I got a cool idea for SRB2. It's a ZDoom feature. It is universal doom map format support.
choalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #4409
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)

Doesn't the format we normally use work fine as is?
Old 07-21-2014   #4410
choalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic100000 View Post
Doesn't the format we normally use work fine as is?
It's fine to leave it the way it is.
Old 07-21-2014   #4411
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)

I think you missed the point. I'm asking why do we need UDMF?
Old 07-22-2014   #4412
Jay
I'm lazy, let's face it

There needs to be an "EmHuntNum" parameter in level headers to specify the number of Emerald Hunt emeralds that spawn, rather than simply 3 (anywhere from 1 to 10, I guess). There also needs to be an option to run a linedef executor when all three are collected, instead of completing the level.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #4413
choalover
Default A New Function That Works with Lua

I think they should add a function that exits out the game with an error message. It would be very useful to make exe mods.
Old 07-22-2014   #4414
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

If you're making an EXE mod you don't need Lua to do such a thing.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #4415
frozenLake

I would appreciate a feature to enable switching between textures for an MD2 model, using a standard naming system, for instance, "SONIC.PNG" would be the basic texture, but if say, you wanted to add Red, you could have a file called "SONIC-RED.PNG" or alternatively, "SONIC-18.PNG". An example for the color of the super forms could be "SONIC-SUPER1.PNG", or if one does not wish to use multiple files, "SONIC-SUPER.PNG"... except one could simply use the same file for all 5 colors if that is what they want. Either way, this could allow for people to play with MD2 Models in more multiplayer settings, where color changing might be wanted. I am unsure as to the difficulty of adding this code in, even though it does use the color names given on the wiki.

Another suggestion would be a method to adjust the crush check of a player with Lua, in the case of someone wanting to create a shorter character, that may be able to simply walk under areas that would require spindashing.

EDIT: And a third suggestion would be to be able of turning the frame smoothing off for specific models, such as a Crawla, or for a better example, a Large Flower, which only has two frames to speak of.

Last edited by frozenLake; 07-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #4416
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Quote:
I think they should add a function that exits out the game with an error message. It would be very useful to make exe mods.
I don't think you've even read the source. There already is an error function, and it's been there for all of the 10+ fucking years this game has been based on Doom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomekop View Post
Another suggestion would be a method to adjust the crush check of a player with Lua, in the case of someone wanting to create a shorter character, that may be able to simply walk under areas that would require spindashing.
AFAIK this is a bug in Lua, you should be able to manipulate mo.height but for some reason you can't. I would love to see this fixed however.
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #4417
choalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I don't think you've even read the source. There already is an error function, and it's been there for all of the 10+ fucking years this game has been based on Doom.

AFAIK this is a bug in Lua, you should be able to manipulate mo.height but for some reason you can't. I would love to see this fixed however.
I tried to use I_Error in lua, but it does not work.
Old 07-23-2014   #4418
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Quote:
Did you think Lua was meant to be able to crash the game?
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #4419
K.S.
Formerly Inuyasha
Retired Staff

Quote:
<SF|008> Dear Microsoft: I tried calling KeBugCheck in a program and it won't work, gives me some sort of privilege error. Please make it accessible.

[For those who don't get it, that's the bluescreen function]
K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014   #4420
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

One thing I highly doubt has been suggested, but would really really really like to see added, would be to make it so the "choose a level" thing after clearing the game in singleplayer only shows levels one actually beat. Like hidden levels in singleplayer accessed via a warp in a level, or something else, which should only be accessible after actually beating it.

Edit: I'm not talking about the level select feature in the secrets menu, just in case anyone's wondering.

If that reason is really lame, just take a look at the Mystic Realm (in 2.0, as there is no official 2.1 port at the moment). After beating the campaign, one can snatch the Chaos Emeralds without having to find the Mystic Temples, and even play unlockable levels without unlocking them, without using multiplayer nor the console, even play Sonic-specific levels as Tails and Knuckles.

Since that reason is really good, but a pretty rare thing, I'll also state that I'm working on a thing with different levels for different characters, and I don't want a player to be able to beat the game as character A, then access character B's levels through that save file.
And as far as I'm aware, ForceCharacter in level headers makes levels unselectable in the choose a level thing, even with the correct character. Plus I'd like to avoid ForceCharacter, for the sake of co-op.

How that would work with existing save files, I don't know, but I know 2.1 doesn't like 2.0 save files, so if you'll ever make save files obsolete again, I'd like to see this suggestion added.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote