SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 05-22-2010   #1
KaitoCain

Default Knuckles Only Paths

Now I understand we like to be fair to all the characters, but why does Knux get his own paths in SRB2 and addons (I don't play knuxs, but I know of "Knux only" paths in a couple mods but I'm not sure about the main game).

The reason I'm asking this is because he shouldn't get a special path. The only reason he had one in S3&K is because it was his Island and he built (presumably) pathways so he could get around quicker.

What is the logic here in SRB2 and addons? Is his jump hight shorter or is he debilitated in a way that makes him using the main path impossible (as in S3&K)?
KaitoCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #2
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much

His jump hight is slightly lower than Sonic and Tails. Similar to S&K3. The Knuckles only paths are more for a variety in gameplay, so instead of doing the same paths all the time with the same characters, you get a little more variety. It isn't that big in SRB2 however.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #3
BlueZero4

The original poster smells of a crybaby. "I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"

Really though? Knuckles sports an incredibly unique style of gameplay. Making a Knuckles path is more like utilizing Knuckles's unique skills to provide a varied gameplay experience. It's not intentionally taking away attention from Sonic or Tails. Quit your yapping and actually play Knux.
Old 05-22-2010   #4
KaitoCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4 View Post
The original poster smells of a crybaby. "I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"

Really though? Knuckles sports an incredibly unique style of gameplay. Making a Knuckles path is more like utilizing Knuckles's unique skills to provide a varied gameplay experience. It's not intentionally taking away attention from Sonic or Tails. Quit your yapping and actually play Knux.
Haha...

Anyways, no. I'm not whining about anything. It was just a serious curiosity that overtook me.

I plan on playing Knux as soon as my computer can safely handle SRB2 without flickering or running incredibly slow. It ran perfect before I moved...hmm..
Old 05-22-2010   #5
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4 View Post
"I WANT ALL THE LEVEL DESIGNERS ATTENTION WAAAAAH"
"HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY SLEEP. D:<"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitoCain View Post
but why does Knux get his own paths in SRB2 and addons (I don't play knuxs, but I know of "Knux only" paths in a couple mods but I'm not sure about the main game).
It's meant to provide variety and to challenge Knux players with specific obstacles that require Knux' abilities. Egg Rock 1 has 3 character paths. Get the left path to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitoCain View Post
The reason I'm asking this is because he shouldn't get a special path. The only reason he had one in S3&K is because it was his Island and he built (presumably) pathways so he could get around quicker.
SRB2 is not tied with S3K. And, there's no story that justifies why this character should get that or this special path or room. If there are character paths that's because of character challenge sake.
Old 05-22-2010   #6
KaitoCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer.Arch View Post
"HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY SLEEP. D:<"

It's meant to provide variety and to challenge Knux players with specific obstacles that require Knux' abilities. Egg Rock 1 has 3 character paths. Get the left path to check out.

SRB2 is not tied with S3K. And, there's no story that justifies why this character should get that or this special path or room. If there are character paths that's because of character challenge sake.
Thank you. :)