Blue Warrior's Idea: Best of 200x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'll be able to get it done tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard. Also, as a bonus, I believe the framerate will increase noticeably with what I send you because of several identical control sectors that are now merged; plus, a lot of the rest of the map could do with some optimization. They only needed to be used for shadowcasting FOFs, so merging those ones are fine.

No pressure; like I said, if you don't get it done tomorrow, it's not the end of the world. I played a private netgame with one other person on it, and we didn't have any gameplay problems on the map.

Played this in the Friday contest. Yup, didn't notice any gameplay issues, except for the nonfunctional water current. And the occasional sector hiccup at the top of the castle, but that was sort of excusable. Speaking of awkward sectors, though, I noticed there was a screwed up sector in Sandy Beach Zone. Would you mind taking a look at that, too?

In other news, I'm writing a readme with notes on each level. If any of the authors would like to say a few words about their creations, I'll be more than happy to stuff them in the text file.

OK, the fountain works now, but in a rather broken manner. The central area does not catch the player immediately. I need to open up the original in 1.08 and see if the behavior is the same.

EDIT: It is just as broken in 1.08. So Ruined Fortress is raring to go!

EDIT 2: Sandy Beach had two instances of crossing linedefs.

EDIT 3: I will now work on fixing Winter Valley Zone's water current.

Wow, there's quite a bit of maps using water currents, huh? Didn't even think of Winter Valley.

Also, there is friction incompatibility in Winter Valley! The floating ice centerpiece has no friction, but the ground under it does! O_O (Works fine in 1.08) Anyway, the current on Winter Valley is gonna take a bit longer than I thought, I'll work on it tomorrow.

Sorry, I've kept this forum a little in the dark with this. I do have news, however.

As you may have noticed, I've created an editing topic for the Best of OLDC. I've just now set the release date for the 2005 pack to November 17th. Two days before the release I'll be hosting a contest with the wad loaded. If you want to get a sneak peak at the pack and/or beta test it, join the contest (see sig).

Chances are that I will be working on the 2003 pack or 2006 pack.

As you know, later contests have Race and CTF rotations; with Circuit in mind, I'm considering adding weapon rings to the circuits in the rotation. This is for people who want to have ringslinger on while racing. Clearly, I'll have to not be reckless with my special ring placement, but you don't need to worry about that.

I've paid no mind to Single Player entries, so they will not be included in the Best Of releases until further notice.

As usual, thoughts, feedback, etc.

Hello, everyone. I've come with an important update.

The Best of the OLDC has nearly come to fruition and is headed for a release on the first week of March. Everything in the pack is basically set in stone, but I'm still seeking a few final beta testers so as to see if I need to make any last-minute changes.

So, that's about it. See you then!

I'd like to be a beta tester if you want. If you don't, I don't really mind, I just want to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back