<Rob> We'll be releasing on torrents initially
<Rob> A direct download will go up after
<Rob> Like
<Rob> A few days or something
<Rob> We want the bulk of the traffic to NOT kill the servers
<SpiritCrusher> And glaber will bitch mercilessly about the torrents
<Rob> Glaber can go fuck himself
<Rob> Quite honestly
<SpiritCrusher> That's still one of the funniest things in the 2.0 release thread
<Rob> I'm going to hand out red cards to people bitching about it being a torrent
<Rob> I'm not kidding
<Rob> I'm not dealing with that this time around

EDIT: Okay, ninja'd a bit but sure.

I may hate Torrents, but Dam it if I don't want Day 1 SRB2 this time around.

I'm getting bit torrent for this release!

Wow, I actually doublechecked the thread's calender date encase it was an April Fools joke, then I realized it's not April yet, DERP.

Pretty exciting news indeed! Glad it's finally done enough to stress test before putting out on the main site. I have a thing against using torrent clients myself, (Probably won't care once I have my own paid connection, though.) so I can wait until the direct downloads are up.

Either way, this reminded I have the game installed on Ubuntu. =P Time to romp through the hard as balls single player as Hinote while it's still the latest public release.

lua_rocket3.gif

Am I the only one who noticed that the hole in the wall at the begging of the act is missing?
Anyway, I can't belive this huge update is finally coming I am reallly, really excited. I am from Romania, so saturday comes faster with 8 hours, that means more time for me to wait :P

What time are you going to release it? A sharp time, like, for example, 12:00 noontime GMT? Whatever the time, I'll be waiting near my monitor, BitTorrent ready for everything.

Of course not. Release is most likely to be in the afternoon or evening for the east coast of the United States. Considering we haven't even given a date, though, that's not going to help much.

Nope, 1080p is the highest you can go.

Whuh...really? Older versions used to support up to 1920x1200... It's mostly a matter of just modifying a #define or two.

And just as a warning guys.. expect a 2.1.1 very very soon after... something ALWAYS comes up. :)

Am I the only one who noticed that the hole in the wall at the begging of the act is missing?

Huh, sharp eyes! It's a good decision; I remember once when I forced my friend to play SRB2 they got immediately confused because they started by going through the hole, then turned right, then platformed their way back to the start of the level.

That's actually quite old news! In one of the previous dev updates, it was said that Greenflower Zone was quite modified to prevent confusion and act as a "semi-tutorial" for a few of the powerups (ie: For the Whirlwind shield box, there are rings nearby organised in such a way that you can only reliably get them by using the whirlwind shield's ability - teaching you how to use it, without giving a proper tutorial.)

Will the modifications made by lua on the pictures will be available?
And it will be necessary a software in particular to download 2.1?

Last edited:
That's actually quite old news! In one of the previous dev updates, it was said that Greenflower Zone was quite modified to prevent confusion and act as a "semi-tutorial" for a few of the powerups (ie: For the Whirlwind shield box, there are rings nearby organised in such a way that you can only reliably get them by using the whirlwind shield's ability - teaching you how to use it, without giving a proper tutorial.)

Awww. I'm gonna miss speedrunning through that hole.

Wow so 2.1 is planned to be released tomorrow... Interresting...But I do have littles questions:

Which linedefs executors were changed in the levels?
Will netgames be more fluid? I mean for WADs download and for very high ping without any reasons.
If special stages are Zones themed, does that mean that we'll found only one token per Zone?

And just as a warning guys.. expect a 2.1.1 very very soon after... something ALWAYS comes up. :)

I'm expecting a 2.1.7. Or some arbitrary number like that. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it's release. The Lua thing looks pretty cool too. Looks like I'm going to have to learn some Lua scripting.

Will there be a Lua demo script included with 2.1's release? I feel this might be a nice optional file to include. Not to mention it may teach us several basics of how to modify character/enemy attributes. I'd really love to mess around with that stuff.

Oh man, it's like a whole new game! (a cookie for anyone that gets the reference)

Anyway, what happened to the Multiplayer maps, were they touched since the Beta release 3 or so years ago?

Is there anymore room aboard the hype train?
This is the biggest jump I've seen in quality since...well. Ever. Since I was late and joined when 2.0 came out.

This is the biggest jump I've seen in quality since...well. Ever. Since I was late and joined when 2.0 came out.

2.0 was a bigger jump. What's great about 2.1, though, is that it's the first release purely focused on quality, rather than the quantity focus of earlier releases. SRB2 has needed a good coat of polish for a while now, so it's exciting to finally get a release that's all about QA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back