"SRB2 Power Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by Jazz on 12-01-2010 04:39 AM.

Two blog posts in one day? Surely stranger things have happened.

Two new videos have been recently added to our YouTube channel, marking the start of a series of videos devoted to strange, interesting or impressive things that can be done in SRB2. This is partly inspired by the “Super Skills” videos from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Still not sure what this means? Take a look for yourselves:

More...

"Achievement Unlocked - Complete GFZ1 touching less than 30% of the floor as Sonic!"

Seriously, how many times did it take you to do that?

I did a crawla bounce video (a long time ago) too. I made 27800(or something like that) points without touch the ground. But I didn't finished the level. =P

Oh, and talking about impressive things that can be done in SRB2, see this video(made by me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-Z-Ff-Ul8

Last edited:
"Achievement Unlocked - Complete GFZ1 touching less than 30% of the floor as Sonic!"

When you think about it, that specific wording of the achievement is pretty easy - just keep jumping. :P

If you're going to go that route, just running through GFZ1 will have you touch less than 30% of the floor. Sonic's feet aren't that big. :D

If you ask me, the best way to go about it would be to just make the achievement "Destroy at least 25 Crawlas with a single jump in GFZ1". Well, the actual power play destroyed 27 Crawlas, but everyone loves a tidy number.

For a second, I thought my crawla bounce montage was in there. But then I realized a quick second later that it was a different video. Probably because I thought I was the only one who referred to it as "crawla bouncing" (Everyone else I've seen referred to it as crawla HOPPING.)

But anyways, I like the idea of these videos, it's good for beginner players so they know the techniques of SRB2 earlier. :P

Not counting when I tried it a long time ago(and managed to get past the starpost without a thok but didn't land on a crawla), somewhere under an hour. The thing that made me come back and try more seriously was realizing that I could lure the one in the cave out reliably if I waited until I came back to hit the second one on the left of the cave.

That said, everything after I passed the starpost was me winging it, as it was only the second time I went past it, and the first time I bounced successfully on the other side of it; this is also why I was so cautious afterward.

I've already mentioned this in the achievements topic, but I suppose I'll say it again: I did it with a keyboard-only scheme in third person, and in software mode, in part because that's how I normally play SP, but also to prove a point to those silly people who say SRB2's controls are slippery.

Even as an oldbie, I have to say parts of the crawla bopping video are pretty impressive. Hope to see more of these.

but also to prove a point to those silly people who say SRB2's controls are slippery.
Probably just confusing "momentum-based" with "lack of friction". :p

I saw how to take the armageddom shield as Sonic. By the way, did anyone reach this place? (made by me too XP)
This is the reason why I think that GFZ2 is easily one of the best levels ever made for SRB2. When it comes to levels that have simple routes to the end but limitless and elaborate secret routes, no other level, official or addon, has ever come close to matching GFZ2.

When it comes to levels that have simple routes to the end but limitless and elaborate secret routes, no other level, official or addon, has ever come close to matching GFZ2.
Except for ACZ1 aka the one that surpassed it. And looked much better. (Do I have to mention the beginning of GFZ2 again? Well, at least that's being fixed.) Then again, you could argue that GFZ2 has a simpler path, but the path is also less interesting. I still don't think the routes in ACZ1 are confusing, but I've seen quite a few people get lost. I've never been the sandbox-y, trying-things-out kind of player, so I don't find myself playing GFZ2 very often. Although I still admit it's a very good level.

Yeah, I like GFZ2. Well, it isn't the perfect introduction for moving FOFs, but it is quite fun for playing. I think that there is 5% of GFZ2 that i didn't see yet.

BECAUSE THIS IS WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN WORKING ON SRB2!

Actually you guys totally deserve to have fun like this, especially after everything you put up with.

I've told countless people about it. Unfortunately, all but a very select minority simply say something like "Oh, that sounds cool", and think nothing more of it.

I've told countless people about it. Unfortunately, all but a very select minority simply say something like "Oh, that sounds cool", and think nothing more of it.

LOL! Although this comment is about 2 months old O_o
____
(>-.-)>
A penguin wanting a hug XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back