Just wanted to know about hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Hangout is bullshit not related to SRB2. Want a chatroom? Go make a channel in IRC or something. The MS is for finding GAMES, not CHAT ROOMS. There are several other games and places you could do hangouts in, but this ain't one of them.

And making an SRB2 movie is under those lines since that's not a normal game of SRB2 either.
That, and it would be shit.

Can someone go over D00D64's house and break his Caps Lock key? And his legs, if possible.

When you search for games on the master server, and you find one that's labelled as Coop, you expect to join a Coop game, not somebody making a movie. Hence, anything that's not playing the game how it's supposed to be played is against the rules. Host privately and distribute your IP to people in some other manner.

The rules and guidelines governing the use of the MS are the same rules that have been in place for several years, and they're starting to show their age. Hangout was banned a long time ago because of a sudden surge of games based around that gametype, swallowing up all of the "legitimate" games in the process.

Can someone go over D00D64's house and break his Caps Lock key? And his legs, if possible.

ptskrn005.png

Didn't we have another topic about this?

...Oh yeah, this topic: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=32287
Sure, it's mostly about roleplay, but RP and Hangout are usually lumped together due to being similar.

When you search for games on the master server, and you find one that's labelled as Coop, you expect to join a Coop game, not somebody making a movie. Hence, anything that's not playing the game how it's supposed to be played is against the rules. Host privately and distribute your IP to people in some other manner.

Legs...? He is sitting in a chair. Why would you do that? :p

Roleplaying.. not everyone is into that. Play the game normally and you'll have more fun.

Legs...? He is sitting in a chair. Why would you do that? :p
If I had said arms instead, it would've sounded like a long-winded way of saying he should stop posting. I really only meant that physical harm should come his way.

Besides, Family Guy has taught us how amusing it is to cripple someone!

He could use his head to post.
I don't hangout "Hey you have tea" "sure i have" "here you go" "thank you" *players stand still doing nothing* that is bulls**t, and boring, i just wanted to know why it's not allowed like for no reason, just wanted to know.

I just wanted to know why it's not allowed like for no reason, just wanted to know.

Because Hangout is bullshit not related to SRB2.
The MS is for finding GAMES, not CHAT ROOMS. There are several other games and places you could do hangouts in, but this ain't one of them.

This about sums it up.

It is not like you can't do it,just do it off the Master Emerald Server and use your IP.

I don't hangout "Hey you have tea" "sure i have" "here you go" "thank you" *players stand still doing nothing* that is bulls**t, and boring, i just wanted to know why it's not allowed like for no reason, just wanted to know.

Because a lot of people want to play the actual game and not hangout, so we banned it because there was a flood of Hangout/RP servers which were saturating the list and overpowering the good servers.

'nuff said.

Not same hangout question than before

Is it hangout if there is level without level end sign?
i think it isn't.

If you're playing in match, CTF (and there are actually flags), or tag, then no it isn't hangout. If playing in co-op, yes, it is a hang out.

Is it hangout if there is level without level end sign?
i think it isn't.

If ringslinger is on and coop mode is on, or if it's match/whatver, it's not hangout.

If ringslinger is off and it's coop or race or whatever, it's hangout, by default.

If you're playing in match, CTF (and there are actually flags), or tag, then no it isn't hangout. If playing in co-op, yes, it is a hang out.

But why, I tough hangout is like playing with dolls, but now dolls are sonic, knuckle or tails and srb2net is playing ground. But if there is actually something to do, like secrets, bonus stuff in different rooms, and other stuff, then it's not hangout, i think.

Hey hey hey, you already have one "I'm asking questions about stuff" topic, just stick to that one.

...There we go, topics merged. One point for tidiness.

Last edited:
If ringslinger is on and coop mode is on, or if it's match/whatver, it's not hangout.

If ringslinger is off and it's coop or race or whatever, it's hangout, by default.

First part is incorrect slightly, it's not hangout but it's improper use of the game. If you're not trying to complete the level, then it's against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back