Hikari: The Orchestration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eryn

エリンちゃん
For starters, yes I was gone for a while, but I"m back with a vengeance, yaddayaddayadda...Now to the good part.

I'm working with a certain close female friend on this huge production of Hikari(from Kingdom Hearts) for Band, Orchestra, and Choir. She's writing the lyrics, and I've done the orchestration. Have a listen to the instrumental part:
http://home.comcast.net/~roboashura/musicorchestrations.html/hikari.mp3

A certain close female friend? Why the circumspection?

As for the actual song, really, Robo, go listen to the official instrumentation (Galbadia Hotel has it, and I know you know that site). You'll notice something. Some parts have more oomph in them. In the vocal song (I'll use Simple and Clean for sanity's sake), the part that goes "When you walk away/you don't hear me say/please oh baby, don't go/Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight, it's hard to let go"; you know, the main chorus? That tune in the instrumental should be practically shoved done your throat. As it stands, the background and the foreground (to use general terms) don't feel seperate enough, and it makes it feel flat.

As for the accuracy part, well done. Instruments...it's unique. See about addressing the above problem and I'll probably look on the instrument choice with a kinder eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back