Dedicated Server Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxlwin536

RIOT FTW! And Doesn't Fail!
I know how to run a dedicated server. The problem I have is everytime I run it, I have no clue how to join it.

Can someone explain to me how to run it and join it too? Someone else said you use one computer to run it and another to join it. Is this true?

And another question, to make my server name, do i make a batch file with (servername "*server name here*") and then save it as dconfig.cfg or adedserv.cfg?

Thanks in Advance :D

Since SRB2 binds itself to a fixed port (5029) by default, when you try to launch a second instance it won't be able to netplay because the port it wants is already taken. You need to use the -clientport command line parameter in order to make one of the clients use a different port (like 5030) if you want to have two clients netplaying from the same machine.

adedserv.cfg is the equivalent of autoexec.cfg, except it only runs when the game is in dedicated mode. You can use it to set all the settings automatically as you would for normal play.

Since SRB2 binds itself to a fixed port (5029) by default, when you try to launch a second instance it won't be able to netplay because the port it wants is already taken. You need to use the -clientport command line parameter in order to make one of the clients use a different port (like 5030) if you want to have two clients netplaying from the same machine.
When you say "command line parameter", do you mean make a batch file or run SRB2 then use the console and type -clientport 5030 ?

Or, if you're running using a shortcut file, simply type -clientport 5030 in the target field, outside of the quotes of the actual shortcut target.

The problem I'm having is that my dedicated server wont appear on the master server. can someone please help me?

Make sure -dedicated, -internetserver, and -room ID is apply. (-room ID 33 for standard or -room ID 28 for casual)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back