Old Rules Topic (Releases Section)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have a question.

If I make a custom character ability and post it in the forums with a recolor/edited version of an existing character, would it still be rejected? Just for curiosity.

Senku_the_swordshog said:
Well, since my characters are included in the recolors my update of them is canceled completely. *goes to edit his quit and his forum sig*
You know, he didn't say that you can't make recolors, he said you SHOULDN'T.

Re: Releases Section - Rules

on Edge said:
I think that SOCs are unapreciated.

Timer SOCs are. Well, its just that you're limited to using the things thats already in the game. And you can make quite a lot from that, but later on, it takes much more creativity and time to think of a original SOC.

Sonow Hakura said:
Did you even think before you posted that? Wads are one of the main reasons people still like SRB2. The other reason being the online servers.
He was talking about character wads, not wads in general. Did you even think before posting that

on Edge said:
I think that SOCs are unapreciated.
They are. I can't recall the last decent SOC I've seen- once the novelty wears off, standalone SOCs are quite pointless, as the grand majority of them are " :eek: look how wierd dis is lol"s and new "bosses" that all work exactly the same, and are all equally unplayable. They're best left to spicing up the bigtime mods.

This is why I wish SSNTails would add ZDoom's DECORATE or at least add in Legacy's Fragglescript so we can make levels better.

I guess DECORATE is for decorating levels? I've never used Fragglescript, but it's supposedly a lot more complex than SRB2's little scripts. You can make little games out of it.. perhaps even trigger stuff in the level through the console?

To answer Ritz' question: DECORATE is what ZDoom uses for creating totally brand new things. Fragglescript is Doom Legacy's scripting language.

So we're not allowed to say a wad is actually good? Even the Mystic Realm? So we have to say it's terrible and give examples why or not say anything at all? If you say so. As long as this is enforced the way you wrote it, which is very unlikely.

*Goes to make a recolor just to tick off the idiot wasting their life reading this.*

You can say anything you want (almost) about a wad if you include constructive criticism. Read the first post damn-it.

Re: Releases Section - Rules

Mystic said:
R1. The releases section, and some topics in Editing, are designed to be used for constructive criticism. There seems to be some questions about what constitutes constructive criticism around here, so please use these helpful examples:
  • "This WAD is awful. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is wrong with the WAD and even how it could be fixed.
  • "This WAD is awful." - Not constructive. This doesn't explain anything about the WAD, and simply states a useless opinion. Keep this junk off the forum.
  • "This WAD is awesome." - Not constructive. Just like the previous, this simply states a useless opinion. Mindless positive feedback is just as useless as mindless negative feedback.
  • "You are awful." - Not constructive. This is a direct flame of another user, and is strictly forbidden on all forums.
With this in mind, remember that all WADs posted on these forums will be criticized. If you don't want the public tearing apart your WAD and telling you what you did wrong, don't post on these forums. However, if you'd like to get feedback on your WAD, and suggestions on how to make it better, you're in the right place.
You forgot:
  • "This WAD is awesome. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is right with the WAD.

R1. The releases section, and some topics in Editing, are designed to be used for constructive criticism. There seems to be some questions about what constitutes constructive criticism around here, so please use these helpful examples:

It says Examples, Kaysakado. That is why it isn't on there. There is no reason for it to be there anyways. No matter what, if it is good or bad, you need to comment on why or why you didn't like it.

Sonict

No, because then this whole forum & discussion would be against the rules. *points to SA-Example*. See that? Copyrighted music in SRB2. See, the difference is that it's built for content, not for the music pack in and of itself. I would tend to assume that it's fine if it's for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back