Sonic Riders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Sonic Riders was crap in my opinion. You couldn't really feel the speed, the air system was an annoyance, and the whole concept of Sonic on a hoverboard is flawed.

Essentially, they tried to turn a fun SA minigame into a full-fledged game, and failed miserably.

Through my best translation of what you just said,

By good you mean what?

The crappy attempts at integrating Babylonian history? The did better with the Mayans in SA

The fact that it's a racing Sonic Game? I'd rather play Sonic R.

The *shutters* graphics? Not even that was that good, considering how they screwed up all the characters.

my friend said he found somthing on the internet saying that Sega said that they didn't care about the graphics because it was going to be so fast

/me falls on the floor laughing!

Are you serious? If SEGA didn't care about the graphics, would 50% of what Sonic Team's saying about Sonic Next-Gen involve the graphics?

Draykon said:
Meh, Sonic Riders was crap in my opinion. You couldn't really feel the speed, the air system was an annoyance, and the whole concept of Sonic on a hoverboard is flawed.

Essentially, they tried to turn a fun SA minigame into a full-fledged game, and failed miserably.

Through my best translation of what you just said,

By good you mean what?

The crappy attempts at integrating Babylonian history? The did better with the Mayans in SA

The fact that it's a racing Sonic Game? I'd rather play Sonic R.

The *shutters* graphics? Not even that was that good, considering how they screwed up all the characters.

Winnage. Thats it, and that is final.

Sonic Riders was an OK game, even if the graphics weren't good.
Too bad all it had was a couple of hours of fun gameplay before it got stale.

lol, riders

It's an alright game. Maybe not the best sonic game out there, but definetly better than shadow and even Sonic Heroes, in my opinion.

But that's just me.

Anyway, even though it doesn't quite go with the theme of sonic, atleast you get to go fast, unlike Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes. And it was definetly an original concept, so I do have to give applause for that one.

Sonic Riders is an awesome game.

but...how the hell can you play it with a keyboard? It just doesn't work!

Super mystic sonic said:
Yeah, Sonic can run at supersonic speeds, yet the boards go at a maxspeed of 300 km.......(in the turbulence of Babylon garden)

Actually, In the turbulence wave of the Babylon Garden... I once went 499 MPH
Or at least that I know that it was somewhere in the 400-499 MPH range

If I recall correctly, in some of the earlier games your time-bonus was listed as MPH. On average you were supposedly going just as fast as you go in Sonic Riders. So the board is really useless.

You know what I think?

I think the Speed of the board is over-rated
Like when I back up, It shows me Im backing up at 20 miles an hour :eek:

And normally, When I get attacked, and start to regain my speed, It seels me im going something like 60 miles an hour, when it looks like im going 2-5 miles an hour :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back