Is a PSP worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
I was thinking recently of getting a PSP. Specifically the Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker pack I saw in K-mart (even though it's supposedly a gamestop exclusive) It's all green, which is my favorite color.

My only problem is, I can't seem to find many interesting games on the system. The Patapon games are there (with 3 upcoming) but that's all I know. I have a PS3 so I can play PS1 games on my psp which is great. That's also it. I'd get a PSP in a heart beat if Littlebigplanet for PSP has online multiplayer, but it doesn't.

I'm just really asking if anyone has a PSP, if it's worth it, and if there's any good games to suggest. If possible, can someone explain using the psp for remote play on your ps3? I don't understand what it is.

PSPs are worth getting, but the memory stick size you should buy differs depending on one factor: Do you plan on downloading games and things off the internet. If yes, then get a 2GB stick, as I have a 1GB stick, and have only 4 games downloaded.

Some good games I recommend are Parappa the Rapper PSP remake if you don't have the ps1 version, and that's about it.

I won't really be downloading music or movies to my PSP. I'll mostly be downloading PSone games and PSP games from my PSP. I probably won't have too many games on there at a time, unless I'm on a road trip.

Really? Only Parappa? There's no other games you can suggest...?

Well, I don't really have many toehr games, besides Sonic Rivals and Crash bandicoot 1 and 2. Rachet and Clank Size Matters is too short to be at all fun.

If you get an older one, get custom firmware so you can run ps1 games and free psp games, Maybe. Just remember you can also get ps1 games on any computer via emulation, so if that's the deciding factor in your getting a PSP, save yourself the 150 dollars.

The only thing I would like on the psp is Project diva and maybe one of the monster hunter games, just to kill time.

Just remember you can also get ps1 games on any computer via emulation, so if that's the deciding factor in your getting a PSP, save yourself the 150 dollars.

The only thing I would like on the psp is Project diva and maybe one of the monster hunter games, just to kill time.
I'm aware of emulation, I just want to take the PSOne games I already bought on my ps3 and take them on the go.
Also, there is a Monster Hunter on psp.

I would get one. There are a couple Final Fantasy games worth getting. And the new Kingdom Hearts game is supposed to be one of the most anticipated games for it.

Isn't Remote Play when you play PSP games on a big screen TV similar to the Game boy Advance player on the Gamecube?

That has "Google search result #1" (and not to mention "sketchy") written all over it.

Back when I had a homebrew PSP, I used QuickJump for a ton of stuff. Dunno if it's still good now, but I don't see why it shouldn't be.

Isn't Remote Play when you play PSP games on a big screen TV similar to the Game boy Advance player on the Gamecube?

Well, after actually looking it up yourself for less than thirty seconds, you'd know that it's actually the other way around. It's accessing your PS3 from your PSP. It's kind of pointless, since you pretty much have to be in close proximity to the PS3 to do it.

Last edited:
for the love of god do not get a PSPGo

Funny how I have one. Hell, I don't find it that bad.

Anyways, it is worth getting one, but it depends on what you want to do with it. Like, I would*hack my PSPGo but I still buy games from playstation store etc.

I do recommend Ultimate ghosts n goblins, power stone collection, and the Disgaea series, plus a few more.

Last edited:

Well, like I said, I was looking at the Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker bundle. It sounds silly, but I have my eyes on that.

for the love of god do not get a PSPGo

lolno
I don't understand PSPgo. Not playing psp discs seems like a downgrade, and Sony hasn't left behind regular 'ol PSP.

And the new Kingdom Hearts game is supposed to be one of the most anticipated games for it.
It's a nice suggestion, but I don't care for Kingdom Hearts. I lost where the plot was going when I played the GBA one after playing the first KH.

The one for PSP is a prequel to the first Kingdom Hearts game. So knowing the storyline from the other games shouldn't matter. I still think you should pick it up. On another note, you'll have more games for your PSP.

PSPGo isn't that bad. Its a bit pricey and having less games for it is a bit underwhelming.

The PSPgo IS that bad. Having no means to transfer your already-bought games to the system is a HUGE, HUGE disappointment, in addition to the fact that downloading online ones not only takes HOURS, if (or more likely when) it disconnects you will have to start the whole process over again, and I don't think anyone particularly likes redownloading 900MB-1.8GB of game because their system can't keep a stable connection. Not only this, since it is all online, games will never get any cheaper, and Sony will always own your games, having the means to delete it off of your system or something that at any time.

That, and its screen is smaller, its less comfortable to hold, and all of its connections are proprietary (even when you consider other PSP models), so you will have to either buy or make adapters for your current connections.

All this for more MUCH more than the PSP-3000, more than a Wii, almost as much as a PS3? Yeah, haha, right.

Last edited:
The point of the PSPGo wasn't to be a smaller PSP. It was Sony's attempt at making Digital Distribution a regular thing for their handhelds.

Not that it worked out...

Never touching a PSP again. I broke mines one day, and I'll never buy another/get it fixed. It's that bad.

The only game I actually liked was Ape Escape: On the loose, and the loading times were so long(longer then the original and Sonic 06, mind you), they ruin the entire game.

If you have to pirate a system just to get a tiny bit of appreciation out of it, it isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back