[Open Assets] No Spin Jump

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
This "ability" makes it so you can still get hit, even when jumping.
However just for testing purposes, I have removed Sonic's Spindash but kept his Spin Jump. This means I have placed the main ability as the Use Button.
It's meant to be placed as the Jump Button, but doing this requires me to modify the S_SKIN, and I didn't have a true Character WAD to test this with. So I've kept both merely for your enjoyment.
srb20028.gif

This is a free-to-use ability, but if your character does not Spin Jump but has an ability like Shooting things (like say, Mega Man), then I recommend making their jumpheight or jumpfactor "0". Then, rename the parts that say "BT_USE" with "BT_JUMP". Also remove the second script that I put in (It was added for the sake of removing Sonic's Spindash to make room, I know I could've just used one of the Custom Buttons but I wasn't feeling it exactly). I hope this comes in handy, and I hope you have a dandy day (Wait that sounds a little stupid but rhymes)

Attachments

• NoSpinJump.zip
    557 bytes · Views: 742
Last edited:
This works nicely as an example, I would rather it used the jump key rather than the spin key, but because it's clearly made for other people to use in their character wads I don't mind.

Welcome to releases~

Last edited:
Trying to add this to a character of mine but he keeps on spinjumping. It's not until I keep holding the button that he does a second jump, which uses his spring animation.

Any help, please? I want my character to have a spindash, but not necessarily the spinjump animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back