Marvel VS Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimson Viper and Storm confirmed!

Both of these characters are not Haggar. That makes me sad. Although, from a few of the supposed leaks we've been having, maybe this has some truth after all...

Speaking of which, here's another supposed leak from the leaker's Twitter. I make no promises on if this stuff is actually real, but beware of spoilers, just in case.

Galactus - When you reach him, he stays in the background and you fight both Doom and Wesker simultaneously
- He has a snapback move where he flicks you off the screen like a mere insect
- He's huge, bigger than either Apocalypse in XSF/MSF or Carapace form Onslaught in MvC
- He has an unblockable where he would grab you with both hands and squish you, my source advised avoiding it only by super jump

- More Marvel 3 info! Sentinel and Storm are pretty much similar gameplay wise to their MvC2 counterparts Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:26:50 PM via web
- Sentinel is still the Capcom design but modernized to an extent, more details in his shoulder area
- Storm is wearing her current modern costume

Phoenix - Has a special where she shoots out phoenix symbols that stay stationary, similar to Aegis Reflector
- A variant of the same special has the symbol being able to suddenly fly forward
- She can set a section of the ground on fire, most similar example provided by my source is Sub-Zero freezing the ground

- You can also save your favourite teams and assists
- So instead of having to reselect your team, you can just quickselect your team

Also, have a new interview! It goes into detail on how MODOK, Arthur's armor, and X-Factor works, among other things.

Last edited:
Link is misspelled, please fix.

Keits: Will players who opt not to download certain characters be able to fight against those characters online, like in BlazBlue CS?

Seth:
Yes they will.
This is PR for "Yes, we're going to be charging you for content we've already developed. Merry Christmas, chumps!"

Yes, but this is the closest they've come to admitting it IIRC.

Anyway, MODOK looks awesome, and X-Factor seems like just the thing to prevent curb stomps.

Also, who's willing to bet that at least 70% of online players will be using Felicia or Morrigan as their main?

We've got new characters!

HaggarSharkPink.jpg

So this Mayor Mike Haggar, hero of Final Fight. Some of you kiddies may have never heard of him or his game. Fix this. While he's never actually piledrived a shark in any of his games, he did go out and piledrived pretty much the entire criminal population of his town to nothing. He also has a fantastic moustache.

Check him out!

You might think he looks a bit like Zangief. He's actually quite a bit different, though, since he's got a lot of striking-related special moves along with the grapples. He's also got his special move from the original arcade game, which takes off health just like the original game. Hopefully it'll end up pretty useful for that kind of drawback.

jean-grey-as-phoenix-big.jpg

This is Phoenix, from X-Men. Sorry, kiddoes. At least you've got She-Hulk if you want to live out your lawyer fighting fantasies. So, anyway, Phoenix. She shoots tons of projectiles and can be pretty annoying if you play her right. She even has a super move that makes her put out a healing bubble for her and her allies. On the other hand, she takes damage like CRAZY.

Not only that, but if she dies with 5 bars of super on her, she'll become Dark Phoenix and get way, way more powerful. She will continually lose health until she dies again, though.

Check her out!
Haggar & Pheonix Gameplay #1
Haggar & Phoenix Gameplay #2

Last edited:
New characters announced!

Taskmaster introduction trailer
Akuma introduction trailer
Gameplay trailer

Some of ya may not know much about Taskmaster. He first appeared in the Avengers comics #195, and he's a fictional Marvel supervillain. He got some pretty cool moves in the game, not to mention he got awesome lines. I WANNA PLAY AS HIM :D

Some of you are probably a little disappointed by having a character like Akuma in the game since he got some moves similiar to Ryu, but if you think about it, Akuma and pull off some combos in a different way compared to Ryu, and he also seems to be a really enjoyable character to play as.

Ryota Niitsuma interview on strategyinformer (I've heard that people has been getting virus warnings from this link, even though I didn't. Maybe the site was hacked? I dunno, click it at your own risk)
Ryota Niitsuma interview on spong

On what he said about Megaman, many people misunderstood and thought that he said he's not going to include Megaman and now are overraging about it. What he said is that having his old moveset wasn't a totally good idea and that it would have to be remade if he was to be included, so he looked into other Megaman characters and thought that Zero was a good one to include because of his excellent list of moves (and I agree with that). That doesn't means they're leaving Megaman out of this, but that doesn't means they're adding him either.

Have a nice day ;)

I know they were announced, but no one bothered to post here.

And I only found out about Sentinel and Hsien-Ko now :/

Well just picked this up a few days ago, and I was not disappointed, I love the roster of characters, although kinda sad they took out megaman and gambit, but the new characters make up for them. The gameplay is pretty cool and I like how they had a simple mode to get the hangs of thing before going into normal, the visuals are pretty neat and controls were okay with me. One complaint I had about this game though was that the online play was pretty laggy(Mostly ranked matches) making pulling off combos a pain, but otherwise its a blast to play.

Blond Jill still bother's me but anyway...

Got a few chances to play this at gamestop ((everyone gets a chance to fight each other there, even the employees XD)) and I have to say that I love playing as Hsien-Ko and Morrigan more than ever :3. And as I predicted, there are a lot of Zero users, but rarely do I even see Ryu or Chun-Li ((Thank god 0_0)) but I'm comparing local play with Online so eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back