Senku's SRB2 questions help topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
First time I've made a help topic I believe. Anyways, I've been trying to spawn a solid object, such as a gargoyle on a conveyor belt, but so far it doesn't get carried correctly unless I tap the thing slightly with the player. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? I've tried spawning it in air, having another conveyor above the first one throw it on it, but still no luck.

Didn't this make as a bug report earlier today? Anyways, I was going to say put it in the air, but if that doesn't work...

Yeah, I posted it as a bug, but I thought maybe someone might know a way around it temporarily till 1.1 is out and all.

I would use springs if I didn't need specific spots of the objects. Plus I bet it wouldn't work either. D:

That worked Mystic, though I still have a problem with that, I don't want the player to see/touch the spring at all, and all my solid objects have to be a set distance from each other.

Maybe, after you think the object will have bounced on to the conveyer belt, you can make a sector that causes a wall to appear and block the spring.

The problem is that the first gargolye would block the way for the rest. Also that method is inaccurate.

What about several springs, one for each gargolye? They would all react at the same time, so when the wall appears, all gargolyes would be out already.

How does this sound? Horizontal downwards spring in a hole in the ceiling. One hole, spring and 'goyle set for each Gargoyle you want.

Well, this is a hideous hack, but what you COULD do is have a large hidden section of the stage with springs and gargoyles leading to a conveyor belt which drops them onto the stage to the place where you want them. Sorta like a gargoyle box, only where they'll eventually actually make it onto the stage. To prevent the player from seeing it, you could use an intangible from below FOF to launch the gargoyles up, and then the player wouldn't be able to see your ugly hack.

Hm.. maybe I should say every last detail of this conveyor? x.X I might as well anyways.

A long string of gargoyles with a spacing of 64 units from each other are suppose to fall from a chute, which I don't want players getting up, which will be hard because for something later a player could easily access this chute. They travel along the conveyor (currently still ever so slowly). Then they fall into a deathpit in which they are suppose to respawn and seem like 1 giant endless thing.

This might be more helpful for people to figure out.

When they spawn/teleport, make the sector they begin in have a weak wind. In theory, that should be enough to make them slide when they hit the conveyor, and make them move at the right speed. I just tried this, and as long as the wind linedef is 16 units or longer, it works.

But wouldn't it affect the speed of the gargolyes always? Unless they spawn on the air and the wind is there, and they don't hit any wall in the way.

It will affect the speed and angle, and this will be more noticable on longer drops, but if you put the angle the same as the conveyor, this should be unnoticable. The effect can also be somewhat masked by putting a downwards wind current in the chute. This may also help with your player entry problem, depending on the strength of the current you put in. This doesn't seem to effect the conveyor motion, even when set to excessive amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back