• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2:EQ (V0.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woops. Forgot about that. Better add them, then. Untill then, best not use Sonic.

Edit: I forgot that it was a FOF. I'm fixing that now.

There was about 5, maybe 6 areas where you could fall through the floor before and have to start all over again. Now theres about 2 areas.

I give this next level a 1/10.

1) Cramped again.
2) Comfusing.
3) REALLY bad platforming. Worse than the MR.

4) Bad thing placement.
5) Certain areas/pits cannot be gotten out of.
6) Bad music choice.
7) Ugly.
8) No deafed rings.
9) No enemies.

Really, it's not the level as much as the approach. You have to both give Sonic room to run as well as keeping it contained in a way that that tells Sonic where to go.

I can't say this enough, look at some contest winning maps and see what works in SRB2 level design. I assure you, none of them are small little hallways.

Sigh.

In my opinion, it's a bad idea to start mapmaking with SP levels. To pracitce open areas and such, I feel you need to make multiplayer maps first. You really work your way up if you start that way, and honestly, SP maps are the hardest to make, because they are very complicated. There are many aspects of the level design that have to make it playable, and it's almost impossible to get it right if you actually start with SP.

Flat, boring, cramped, supermegahigh walls. Bleh.

You don't start by making mods, and that's a bunch of peoples' mistakes.

Ever heard of, "Slow and steady wins the race!"? Start off small, and you'll be fine.

0/10

*Offical Announcement about the mod*

Dude_, I'm giving you permission to tweak both levels of the mod - as well as starting to make the third level. But I will PM you about what the level should be like.

*End Announcement*

I prefered to start off with a map like this first, so as to see how to improve before going for the big time. That's why I've desided to leave my major mod - SRB2:AEQ - untill this is better, mutch better.

Adam Hillman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back